Place in BC Canada to get a Motorcraft thermostat

Can30Diesel

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hey all,

I recently replaced my thermostat because it was stuck open. Its replacement was a stant branded one which has a pretty good track record overall with apparently the exception of my truck. It decided to stick 1/2 open while I was pulling the trailer up the coke then up the Kelowna connector. Lets just say real steep long hills and scary temperature changes.

So I've decided to go with the OEM thermostat to solve this problem. In an effort to save me calling misc parts places and getting stuck with the lackey who knows nothing and gives me the next best thing in their eyes, does anyone know if any of the parts places (Napa, Fortins, Lordco, Canadiantire, etc) carry the actual OEM part or am I stuck going to Ford and dealing with the smiling people behind the overpriced parts counter? If I am stuck with going to Ford, my next question is does anyone know if the "OEM Motorcraft" part on Rockauto.com is actually the OEM part?

Thanks in advance as always!

riotwarrior

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
You need to go to a FORD Dealership to get original MOTORCRAFT parts here in Canada!

My suggestion...

Try this line when you ask price and they say 45 bucks,

"Come on you can sharpen your pencil better than that..."

Works for me!

JM2CW

Al