Pitman Swap, Is this right?

junk

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Swapped pitman arms on my crewcab tonight. Anyway I got the job done but got a question.

Is the pitman arm on far enough? The arm didn't seat as far as the original arm. The nut is fully engaged on the threads and is torqued to 170ft-lb per the book. I couldn't get my impact on it without any extensions to try and horse it on further.

So is this Ok, or do I need to bust out the 3/4" stuff and cheater pipe.

Thanks
Jeremy

The pictures are of the exact same setup. All I did was take a picture showing how much spline was showing and how far the nut is on.
You must be registered for see images attach
You must be registered for see images attach

laserjock

Almost there...
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I think it's tapered right? As long as it torqued down its probably just fine.

leojr

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The FD400 ProComp drop pitman arm I installed looked a lot like yours. I too was concerned that it did not slide on as far as the stock piece, but then I accepted it as giving me a little more drop. Maybe part of the design? Likely not. I expect that this allows the part to work on a broader range of applications.

Full spline engagement, full thread engagement...looks good to go!

hce

So can i....
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Check the pitman nut torque after driving a week. The pitman seem to loosen up after driving a while and needs to be retorqued. I would repeat this till it is still tight when you check it.

junk

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hey guys Thanks for the reassurance. Being a taper fit and my first time I wasn't sure what to expect.

Rechecking the torque after driving a while is a great idea. I'll definitely do that.

Thanks again guys, your reassurance it greatly appreciated!!
Jeremy

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
olsen726