Pistons

towcat

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Just looked at their site. Prices seem pretty reasonable. Only concern is the fact they are based out of florida. Consumer protection laws are very weak there. If there is a member who can take a look at their physical location, I would feel alot better about it.

yARIC008

Drives really slow
Reaction score
If they screw with you guys i'll go get em :draw

Don't know where palatka is, i'll have to look it up, maybe i can check it out.

towcat

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
yaric008 said:
If they screw with you guys i'll go get em :draw

Don't know where palatka is, i'll have to look it up, maybe i can check it out.
95mi. north of you...doesn't look like a fast run either. Local roads no interstate.

dieseldummy

Lost in time
Reaction score
I've heard some not so good things from some 6.2/6.5 owners about dieseldirect. Apparently they are hard to get ahold of after the sale and have been know to sell inferior parts on occasion... I've never dealt with them directly so I don't know if that's the gospel truth or not, but that's what I've heard.

Freight_Train

Traitor to the brotherhood
Reaction score
dieseldummy said:
I've heard some not so good things from some 6.2/6.5 owners about dieseldirect. Apparently they are hard to get ahold of after the sale and have been know to sell inferior parts on occasion... I've never dealt with them directly so I don't know if that's the gospel truth or not, but that's what I've heard.

Those are just standard off the shelf Mahle pistons.They are intented for blocks that have had the deck milled.Think last time I talked to Ken about them they dropped teh compression down to 20 or 20.5 to 1.They are good pistons since they are forged aluminum but if you want true lowered compression then you need to talk to Ken.Also,there are a ton of people on Ebay selling the same pistons as "Lowered compression Turbo pistons".

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
olsen726

Members online