Piston pin bushings

gingrass179

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'll have to confirm with my machine shop but I believe they took some from both crank and block...rod ends are machined also so he took something out...I'll have to make sure but but block crank and rods have been machined? Do you think I'll need the intake milled to match the decking

idiabuse

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'll have to confirm with my machine shop but I believe they took some from both crank and block...rod ends are machined also so he took something out...I'll have to make sure but but block crank and rods have been machined? Do you think I'll need the intake milled to match the decking
Nope. not usually with these engines due to the tight quench already of the diesel engine. You normally don't cut the heads
more than .020 or the block deck more than .010

icanfixall

Official GMM hand model
Reaction score
Nope.. The amount cut off the heads can't be more than 10 thousands. They are oem at 4.805 to 4.795 measured off the machined head surface and the valve cover gasket area. The block must be measuring from the top of the deck to the center of the crank 11.137 to 11.141. So only 4 thousands can come off the block deck and still be in oem specs. This measurement finding the center of the crank to the top of the block is a tuff measurement to get. I'm really good with depth mics but I can't do it without a special dummy shaft in the crank webs. Even then you can only measure to the top of the round shaft. Then add half that thickness to find your true measurement.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ntjapkes

Members online