pic wanted of governor spring adjustment from a ****** pump

troupp

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Just like it says, the pump I switched into my truck has been tampered with before, and I was wondering if anyone on here had a pump layin around that they could snap a picture of the governor springs, so I can see where the center rod/nut should be adjusted(how far through the block it is threaded) and how much of the rod(allen wrench end) is coming through the back of the nut on the rear of the pump. I know every pump is calibrated different, but it would at least get me into the ballpark, I can fiddle with it from there.

And for everyone that says "You should just get a new pump" I WILL. Just not right this minute, more like within the next couple months. I just installed a hypermax setup on the truck a couple months ago. Then did 4" dual exhaust on it, then had the water pump fail, and then the electric fuel pump, and then the injector pump started leaking.

I've gotta pay a few other bills before I can spend the cash on a real inj. pump. Definitely thinking a moose pump, if it can be turned down far enough to run without an intercooler until winter when I'll have time to do the install and plumbing for it.

Thanks in advance if anyone can do this for me!!

OLDBULL8

Good Morning Ya'll.
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Why do you want to adjust that shaft?

Attachments

• IP Torque Screw 2.JPG
    IP Torque Screw 2.JPG
    267.8 KB · Views: 26
  • DVC01402.JPG
    DVC01402.JPG
    278 KB · Views: 28
  • DVC01408.JPG
    DVC01408.JPG
    317.2 KB · Views: 30
  • DVC01407.JPG
    DVC01407.JPG
    310.5 KB · Views: 25

troupp

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The pump I put on had previously had the governor springs washered to increase governed speed, but when the throttle kept binding, I took the pump off and just switched to a known good pump. So now I'm trying to recover the original setup so this thing can be running to haul on friday. Looks like the rod going into the block is almost flush, or just slightly protruding from the rear side. and looks as if the allen has almost no threads showing on the outside. Hopefully this will get this thing close, can't afford to have problems 3 hours from home with a load of new quads and dirt bikes on for my friends.

troupp

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Oh, and in the picture showing the torque screw, the adjustment under the whitish/grey cap is the allen I'm referring to.