Pheonix Friction

Hyde

N GO SEEK
Reaction score
Didnt come up with my on my search. The time has come that I need a new clutch about a month ago. Im looking at their Stage 3 ceramic button clutch, its just over half the price of a the South Bend kevlar I had been looking at and about the only other non-organic clutch I have found. Any experience with these guys?

Oog

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yes. Put one on a customers obs psd seems to be holding up to about 5k? hard miles. Psd is tuned and intercooled only.

NO_SPRK

User & Abuser
Reaction score
i installed a clutch from them on a friends 93 W250 cummins. swapped 727 to Getrag and it towed well.. he ended up trading the truck after about 6 months so i have no idea how it is now.

Hyde

N GO SEEK
Reaction score
Well went ahead and got it and put it in yesterday, thought I would share this though
You must be registered for see images attach

icanfixall

Official GMM hand model
Reaction score
Wow is right. Thats a trophy right there. You got a life time and a half out of that pressure plate. Your lucky it didn't explode and ruin your trans and your day. The dynamics of whats going on in there is surprising to many. Pressures. Temps and spinning dynamics would cause most to rethink a clutch set up.

Hyde

N GO SEEK
Reaction score
Scary thing is I had to drive it about 150 miles home like that, can't believe it didn't make any noise