Parts List for Hydroboost Brakes

tuckerd1

WAR DAMN EAGLE!
Reaction score
Reman. Hydroboost Unit - Bendix R2770433
New Master Cyclinder (F450 up) - Bendix 12843
PS Pump to Hydroboost Hose - Edelman or Powercraft 71442 (Full Monte in Tech Article says Edelman 71415 - wrong hose)
Hydroboost to Gear - Edelman or Powercraft 71416
Hydroboost to PS Pump Return Line - Edelman or Powercraft 71206
New PS Pump Reservoir - Ford E5LY-3A697-A

I bought all my parts from Advance Auto for ~ $240.00. The only drawback to doing this is you have find the hydroboost to MC pushrod, spring and spring retainer from salvage yard. That can be tough. Marsh Auto Parts in Siler City, NC has over 25 of these units listed on their car-part.com web listing. Very helpful and friendly. $25.00 shipped.

Total spent $265.00 for all new except booster is reman.

Then you need to move the brake pedal pin up ~ 3/4" for thr new height of the booster rod.

Fairly easy conversion if you have all the parts together when you start.

I think I listed everything. If not, I know yall will remind me.LOL

Last edited:

icanfixall

Official GMM hand model
Reaction score
About that brake peddle modification..... I just got the peddle out of the F450 that I got my hydroboost and mc from. It already was setup the 3/4 inch higher pin height. Then I modified the cruise control signal plate to fit and glued it inplace on the peddle arm with rtv. It wont ever come off because it sits on the top side where the pressure of the vacuum breaker hits it. You just gotta see it to understand it.

tuckerd1

WAR DAMN EAGLE!
Reaction score
You're right Gary. The replacement pedal would be easier, but I just bored a new 9/16" dia hole, ground the weld off the back of the pin and drove it out with a punch and then drove it into and welded it in the new hole. Not too complicated or time consuming. Then welded the old hole up for strength.

The Warden

MiB Impersonator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
You're right Gary. The replacement pedal would be easier, but I just bored a new 9/16" dia hole, ground the weld off the back of the pin and drove it out with a punch and then drove it into and welded it in the new hole. Not too complicated or time consuming. Then welded the old hole up for strength.
Any recommendation on how to do this without the ability to weld?

My truck's an '84, so I'm guessing an '87-'91 F-450 pedal set wouldn't fit my truck :(

Thanks! I'm starting to gather parts...

69dieselfreak

well that nice
Reaction score
Any recommendation on how to do this without the ability to weld?

My truck's an '84, so I'm guessing an '87-'91 F-450 pedal set wouldn't fit my truck :(

Thanks! I'm starting to gather parts...

when i did mine i didnt do anything with the brake pedal push rod mount if you have any ?????? just pm me and ill walk you through it or whatever

Dsl_Dog_Treat

I lost my face to the jaws of a poodle
Reaction score
On my 90 I didn't have to do anything to the brake pedal.
Works just fine.:dunno

Agnem

Using the Force!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I had to go with the different brake pedal as well. I debated moving the pin, but wanted to be "factory" with regards to the accuracy of placement.

hahn_rossman

Hahn Rossman
Reaction score
Another happy convert! However to save yourself the endless trips to NAPA to talk to dunces about weatherhead fittings...go before you disable the truck and compare the f450 MC with what you have in your truck. In my case 1984 truck>1989 f450 parts required two adapters. One from 9/16-18 to 7/16-24 and one from 7/16-24 to 3/8-24. Both of these fittings were eventually found in bins labels "dual master cylinder adapters" I highly recommend having the f450 MC in hand! Good luck!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SixFourShanks08

Members online