part needed... cant find

smokin150

aka Diesel Weasel
Reaction score
Hey y'all... found an almost complete turbo kit at the local scrap yard... no turbo or intake hat... I'm not worried about the turbo but I need an intake hat and don't know where to look... any ideas?

icanfixall

Official GMM hand model
Reaction score
Most any of the big three will be able to sell you what you need but... Its kinda hard to tell you who to contact when you have not told us what turbo system your looking at. The big three are Banks, Hypermax and ATS. Some turbo models are no longer sold nor are the repair parts available from the makers. But post what you have found. Someone here may be able to help you out. But we need more info please...

smokin150

aka Diesel Weasel
Reaction score
Most any of the big three will be able to sell you what you need but... Its kinda hard to tell you who to contact when you have not told us what turbo system your looking at. The big three are Banks, Hypermax and ATS. Some turbo models are no longer sold nor are the repair parts available from the makers. But post what you have found. Someone here may be able to help you out. But we need more info please...

Its hard to tell... as it didn't have a turbo or intake hat when I pulled it... what I grabbed was the up pipes, down pipe and some oil passage that looks like it mounts on the top of the turbo, did not look like a factory setup so I'm not sure who made it. If I had to guess I would say banks or ATS, but again I'm not sure. How would I tell?

typ4

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
if its an ats 093 I have intake hats, and one 088 i think.

Dave 001

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Its hard to tell... ...... How would I tell?

Google image "Banks 6.9 turbo", "ATS 6.9 turbo", and "Hypermax 6.9 turbo" & compare the results with what you have. The reason I said 6.9 and not 7.3 is because the 6.9 kits basically look like the 7.3 kits and too limit the amount of 7.3 Powerstroke images that you get......they are completely different.