Parking Garage Height / Clearance

MotleyCrueCab

Registered Abuser
Reaction score
Having been Up in Montana for a while I haven't had my truck in a parking garage.... ever, but future plans include using the 86 in my sig for business in SoCal and NorCal... where I may be forced, or at least less inconvenienced parking in a parking garage. Is there a standard height for these, I seem to remember thinking its 6'8''. Right now my truck sits about 6'4'' and future plans include a headache /ladder rack and I was thinking about a 2in sup. lift, but I may have to rethink this...

snicklas

6.0 and Loving It!!
Staff member
Reaction score
Motley,

I park in a parking garage every day. Most that I have seen are either 6'8" or 7'. The one that I park in is 7' and I only just touch the very top of the antenna. I might fit in a 6'8" one, it would be tight...... I know that I fit through a standard height garage door, as I park my truck in the garage at home.

I would say 6'4" you should be ok...... most have a plastic pipe that the entrance, it is the same height as the lowest point in the garage (at least the ones that I park in are that way) and if you clear the pipe, you will fit.......

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
svttim

Members online