P-7100

Whit

Reaction score
OK line me out on the pumps for these 12 valvers, need direction b4 I start just ordering up parts,

94-95 is a 160 pump?
96-97 is a 180 pump?
98 is a 215 pump?

Delivery valves.....................If ya put new delivery valves in the pump than they are all the same?

In other words will the pump on my 94 be a good one to bomb with or should I get a different pump?.......................trying to learn hereLOL

nevrenufhp

torque ******
Reaction score
94,95 auto = 160hp
94,95 man. = 175hp
96-98 auto = 180hp
96-98 man. = 215hp

The delivery valves come in different sizes, I think it's the orifice that the size is from. The 94 & 95 had about .160 or .170 something. The 96-98's had .181, and aftermarket ones are usually .191 and go up from there. There's laser cut ones that really flow some mega fuel, but the pump can also be calibrated for about the same effect. In the right hands the "little" pump you have will make some big hp numbers. Piers and Scheids seem to be the trusted ones.

Whit

Reaction score
OK thanks fer the clarification, so would it be best to send pump in or do this at home, I cant stand it when someone else works on my stuff, but if it requires special equipment then I haffta send it in.

TPCDrafting

Structural Steel
Reaction score
DV's are easy Kev. Just unthread the nuts holding on the 6 tubes coming off the top, the DV is just sitting there, you can pull it out with yer fingers. Slap in the new ones and go. I haven't swapped mine, but we did pull one out to advance the pump timing.

You could call Piers, tell him what year and how much power you wanna make. He can make a list of what parts you need and go from there. You can also take the pump off and ship it up to them. They can calibrate the pump for however much power you wanna make. I'm with you though, it's more fun to learn how it's done by doing it yourself or having someone around that knows how.

ndurbin

Reaction score
Originally posted by TPCDrafting
DV's are easy Kev. Just unthread the nuts holding on the 6 tubes coming off the top, the DV is just sitting there, you can pull it out with yer fingers. Slap in the new ones and go. I haven't swapped mine, but we did pull one out to advance the pump timing.

Are you talking about removing the injector lines or the two nuts on each side of the DV holder? If you can pull the delivery valve holder out w/ just the injector lines off you got problems. I was told never to take the nuts on either side off as it screws up the DV settings.

Nathan

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Alleycat