Overfueling

justinray

Contributor
Reaction score
If it leaked between the turbo to the intake, would it show up somewhat similar to an oil leak around the hat?
I'm positive there are no exhaust leaks, the black soot would show, and I see NONE.

hesutton

The Anti-Anderson
Supporting Member
Reaction score
RPM can be your friend or foe when it comes to EGT's. The higher the RPM the better your EGT's.

What RPM were you towing at?

Also, an intercooler would certainly help lower EGT's when hauling a load.

Timing is important as stated. With my 6.9 at 12+ degree's (didn't know it was that advanced until Mel timed it for me) on the way to the rally this summer, EGT's were higher and power was down compaired to the trip home with the timing at 9.5.

I rarely used OD as keeping the RPM up keep the EGT's in normal range hauing the 32 ft fifthwheel camper. Weight on CAT scales was 16,870.

Heath

icanfixall

Official GMM hand model
Reaction score
Heath... Thats a lot of weight towing but these trucks will handle it if the rpm is kept in the sweet spot. I learned a trick when driving across the sacles to make the load lighter... I always make the wifey get out of the truck.. I tell he she has to walk thru and not ride... Its the law.. Not me telling her this....:rotflmao:eek::angel::D I know... I wil be going to hell for this but gees.. I'm going where I can have fun....:D

Dieselcrawler

Professional wrench holder
Staff member
Reaction score
Spectre makes a cone filter that fits the banks airbox nicely. If you want to replace.