Orfice tube removal?

Camarogenius

Reaction score
Is there some kind of special tool I need to get to the orifice tube on my truck? It has a wierd looking junction, and I can spin it easily, but it won't come apart.

sassyrel

Reaction score
yes--there is a special tool made to remove the orifice tube. had mine for soooo many years--cant tell you what one would cost--but if yours is stuck that hard--youll need the tool to get it out--guarenteed--!!!!!!!

cm1hedge

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Are you trying to get the tubing apart? If that is what you are trying to get apart, there is a tool to spread the spring in the fitting to get them apart.

6 Nebraska IDIs

Reaction score
Are you trying to pull the swing joint apart? Or do you already have it apart? If you've got it apart and are actually trying to get the orifice tube out, I turned my air compressor up to 150psi and put a blow gun up to the other end of the evaporator and it blew it out... into the neighbors pasture... 60 feet away from where I was at.

RLDSL

Diesel fuel abuser
Reaction score
Yup, you need a springlock tool. they don;t always look exactly like that, sometimes they have a complete body to them but they all do the same thing. '
remove the clip Put the tool around the tube below the fitting and poll up sharply while pulling up on the upper hose at the same time and they will seperate, then reach in with some needle nose to retrieve the orifice valve.
To re-assemble you will need the tool as well. Put it in place pull it up agaunst the springlock, then push the hose down in remoce the tool,check to see it is locked and replace the clip

zpd307

Reaction score
good thing this came up. i have to get one more hose before i refurb my a/c. i would have been cussing and swearing.....

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cv axle

Members online