Oregon ZF

rhkcommander

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Wonder if thats the one that drops right in place of my t19... I always get confused on which does or doesnt

mobilemech

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Wonder if thats the one that drops right in place of my t19... I always get confused on which does or doesnt

you need the adapter and if you have the long transfer case adater on your T19, all ZF's (5S42 and 5s47) will bolt right up, even a 2wd version out of a late 80's F Superduty by taking the E-brake assembly off and then bolting a transfer case on. I did this in an 89, T19 to ZF5 bolted right up. rear drive line was the same, I used the front F350 drive line, but the one in the truck would have worked. The only hard part is if you have a speedo cable, no provision for the on a ZF

Leeland

Full Access Member
Reaction score

I didn't think they varied like that, bell housing pattern aside, all I knew of was 2x and 4x4/superduty with parking brake and the s42 and s47 series? I think I forgot to mention that I had a extra crossmember for a older truck that already has been modified for the ZF you can have as well when your ready. It didn't work on my frame rails but it came from a late 80's truck that my ZF came out of.

rhkcommander

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thanks Leeland, im gonna call that guy tomorrow. If im understanding right, the t19 t-case would bolt onto the zf?

Would be nice to clean up a zf and slap it in when swapping engines. T19 did well though

Leeland

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'm not totally sure on the t-case. While researching for my own swap some one said they did the swap on their older pickup and said it pretty much bolted right in using their old drive shafts etc but that wasn't in my case going from a e4od to the ZF obviously. Iirc I read that the ZF was optional starting in 87. With that I'd guess to keep it simple the shaft diameter and spline count may be the same? I do know your feeling of does it fit regarding the tcase, I read at some point some guys saying the e4od t-case wouldn't go on to the ZF, that was a load of bull.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
olsen726

Members online