ordered some treadwrights today

OLDBULL8

Good Morning Ya'll.
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Thats weird cause around here all the trailers come with carlisle on them and I've had 2 sets myself and never a problem with the tires on a tri axle no less. I do have one radial tire on there now and it seems to be wearing much better then the bias tires and is also cooler when I touch the side walls after a trip:dunno

Must have got some of the few Carlisle tires. I got all the way from Delphos to Marion IN, about a hundred miles before one blew. Next one that blew was in Indy another 85 miles on a new single axle cargo trailer with just a light load.

93turbo_animal

Reaction score
Must have got some of the few Carlisle tires. I got all the way from Delphos to Marion IN, about a hundred miles before one blew. Next one that blew was in Indy another 85 miles on a new single axle cargo trailer with just a light load.

I use this trailer all the time for my buisness hauling anywere from 8000-12000lbs on it and never had one fail and let me tell you I run them down till they are completely bald:D

MidnightBlade

Shiftin' Smooth
Reaction score
ok, not talking about treadwrights or retreads but in all of your oppinions what is better tire for highway and some off road use, bias or radials. sorry for hijacking

fury9

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I called them today to make sure I haven't been waiting for nothing in case they lost my info or something. Should be about another week. I will say that an actual person answered the phone and she was nice to deal with.

KyleQ

Full Access Member
Reaction score
ok, not talking about treadwrights or retreads but in all of your oppinions what is better tire for highway and some off road use, bias or radials. sorry for hijacking

Radial for the sidewall stiffness - if it's going to see road time, I would use a radial. Bias tires will flat spot, have less sidewall support and a perfect for a off-road tire that doesn't see road time.

KyleQ

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So if i understand this treadwrights get 20-30k miles max and arent suited for hot hot roads etc

Driving on hot roads shouldn't do anything to the tire as long as it's properly inflated. Mine need 80lbs, currently rock 75lbs.. in the snow, lol.

KyleQ

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Just read the reviews for the tires on the net - they have a great following and great customer service.

KyleQ

Full Access Member
Reaction score
yeh just thinking in i spend $2-300 more i can get double the life

I got 4 265/75/16 in E range to my door for $415. BFG's from TireRack (good luck getting that price locally) are $185 a piece totaling $740 plus ~$130 to ship.

You can get two sets of Treadwrights for one set of BFG's - not worth it in my book. I've got BFG's on 4 vehicles, but I'm very happy with the TR's so far.

ghunt

Full Access Member
Reaction score
After looking at pricing I'm not sure if I'm gonna buy the Treadwrights again.

Basically, I was looking at 285/75R16 "Warden" tread tires at roughly $99 each, plus $138 (ouch) shipping, which comes out to about $535. They're also out of stock (in everything that size apparently)

Discount Tire has Kumho Road Venture AT's, which I've heard are good tires, for $158 each with free shipping which comes out to $632.

So, new tires for $100 more than retreads which only lasted me about 20K. It seems like the retreads have lost their price advantage here...

Anyway I'm gonna shop around locally and see what I can find if the treadwrights are going to run that much.

pennsylvaniabo

Full Access Member
Reaction score
yeh some tire here locally are very affordable. i kno i can get maxxis bighorns locally in 285 for 175 and 315s for 200. so sometimes it all depends

MidnightBlade

Shiftin' Smooth
Reaction score
i can get 285/75/16 wild country XTX's for 150 a piece locally, i got my Cooper Discoverer HTT's for $100 a piece (blems). i like being on good terms with the shop owner ;Sweet

MIDNIGHT RIDER

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Radial for the sidewall stiffness - if it's going to see road time, I would use a radial. Bias tires will flat spot, have less sidewall support and a perfect for a off-road tire that doesn't see road time.

I have to disagree. :angel:

It is the radials that have no sidewall support.

Look at a properly inflated radial and the sidewall is so squishy that the tire appears under-inflated.

BIAS tires have actual cord cross-woven in the sidewalls and are by far the stronger tire.

On road or off, I very much prefer BIAS over any radial; alas, good BIAS are getting harder to find. :)

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lance