Onboard air- pressure shutoff switch?

subway

be nice to the admin :D
Reaction score
go buy the newest Jeep 4x4 mag they just did an article this month on what you need for on board air. Kilby is a big company that deals exclusivly with on board air set ups. they reccomended not going with a cheap switch because they can drift in there settings causing problems.

sootman73

Reaction score
Yup. Got several. Have a look and see what you think.

did you make that plate yourself? any ideas on how i could adapt that to work with a serpentine belt? and it looks like i'd have to relocate my air intake also.

subway

Reaction score
not sure how you would fit it with a serp belt set up, we already have one of the longest belts listed at any regular parts store. i know because i added an extra power steering pump for a experement. the only longer belt i could find at the parts store had two more ribs i had to cut off and it was for a hemi.

sootman73

Reaction score
i could prob bolt a v-belt pulley to one of them couldn't i? i dunno though i haven't really though of doing it though cuz i dont wanna get started on something and then be stuck with a truck all apart... maybe ill try it this summer once i get my s10 running again.

hesutton

The Anti-Anderson
Supporting Member
Reaction score
did you make that plate yourself? any ideas on how i could adapt that to work with a serpentine belt? and it looks like i'd have to relocate my air intake also.

Plate and adjuster were made by my Dad actually. You could put the York in the same spot as mine, but I don't have a sepentine belt IDI to look at as far as it's feasability............. so the bracket is hard to imagine.:dunno

I do have part numbers for York serpentine belt pulley's. I don't know if either is the right size for the IDI. One is 6in diameter with 6 screw and 7/8 inch belt...PN is 47959. The second is 5 and 1/2 inch diameter, 1 and 3/16 inch belt...PN is 47960. The may be pretty high....like around $300! I think I got these out of a NAPA catalog a few years ago.

Heath

subway

Reaction score
got a friend with a lathe and you can machine down the vbelt ones to accept a serp belt. it wont have all of the alignment ribs but should work fine.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ntjapkes