Okay lowered my EGT's

budtoh3zo

Reaction score
Since im now the only one that drives this hard since i chewed someones head off. I got it so the EGT's only hit 1300*F and it takes along time and were i never go anyway, 90MPH in a 70 zone. She is hardly blowing black anymore so now time to add more fuel, I hope to do the adjustments this weekend. Any tips? were i normally run at 70 mph the egts stay around 600-800 *F so i have room to play just have to watch the pyro closer on hills.

Agnem

Using the Force!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
1300 is asking for trouble my friend. I know you said it was hard to hit it, but the idea is not to see how high it will go, but rather to not let it get past 1250 max, and preferably below 1100 for any length of time. Sounds like you don't really need to add any fuel to it to me. Now if you'd like to bury the needle faster without putting your foot into it all the way, by all means, just screw that thing in until it stops, and back off a hair. What is the location of your pyro? In the manifold or just out of it I hope.

budtoh3zo

Reaction score
2 inches out of it, Thats not as bad as when my dad took it he had it to 1450*F for about a min stright. I got more air in to it. so im thinking since im the only one that will drive it now i will turn it up and i set my limit at 1300* and only for about 10 seconds then i let her cool off.

L.Wilkinson

Its an Arktos not a Sub
Reaction score
Those temperatures are kind of relative, and really just guide lines at best. I'd be concerned of head damage, Hd. gasket stress, or piston complaints running way up there for even short times with a "well seasoned" engine. I take it from your signature the engine is non-turboed, I suspect the amount of reasonable power gain between 1100 & 1300 is much less than the detrimental effects on her!
Hold it down a ways, and enjoy things the way they are.
Sincerely, Lorne.

budtoh3zo

Reaction score
I had masive amounts of carbon built up on the injectors so i can injector cleaner threw it and ran her alittle harder to burn it out and it worked. Its amazing how a carbon can mess things up im guessing the PO did not run many additives in her.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
REM70