ok the new truck needs an after market exhaust

94f450sd

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
its another 94 factory turbo cookoo:D

but i aint givin ATS any of my money so who else has a GOOD,worth the money system for this truck or do i have to make it myself this time?

94f450sd

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
that doesnt say anything about the downpipe wich really is all i need.what i want to do is get 2 4 or 5" stacks and run them down the sides of the truck under the cab and bed.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/A-PA...r_Truck_Parts_Accessories?hash=item19ba89040c
im thinkin these(alot longer of course) would fit nicely down the side of a dually.thinkg the bend in them will have the stack pretty much go along with the rear fenders and dump the tips out in front of my rear tires.if its too loud i can always get those spiral muffler thingies to stuff inside the stacks.

Diesel JD

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Rich if you aren't giving ATS your money then you're going to have to come up with a homemade solution to their lame factory turbo housing so you can make it accept a regular 3 or 4" downpipe. It sounds like you are a good welder and fabricator so you should be able to get it done. Beyond that I would go to NAPA and get their stock 4" exhaust pipe and whatever connectors you need. No need for a muffler with a turbo and since you want stacks then you can do without the expensive tailpipe part. I had to buty this part plus a few connectors an 10' of 4" OD exhaust pipe and I still got out for way less than 150 bucks. I love the sound!!

94f450sd

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
my last idi was way to freakin loud straight piped.but they have those spiral thingies that i can stuff inside a stack that acts like a muffler.

i thought there was another company that sold a downpipe that bolts right on.i can make one myself but i dont have the tools i used to have and my welder was stolen -cuss-cuss probably would be easier and cheaper to make my on downpipe.i only need it to dump straight down and split it for the stacks.wonder if i could stuff a 4"pipe up in there??? :sly

Mr.Diesel

Reaction score
I made mine...I'll try to post pics later if I get time. FYI I dont see any way to get 4" through there.

94f450sd

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I made mine...I'll try to post pics later if I get time. FYI I dont see any way to get 4" through there.

you dont know me very well.if i want a 10" pipe in there,i will get it to fit.they said the same thing about putting a pontiac motor in an 80s grand prix with headers.i had one header on it and almost had the drivers side on it when i gave up on the car.was also told i wouldnt get headers on my 66 grand prix,guess what?it has headers :D

RLDSL

Diesel fuel abuser
Reaction score
THis place has all kinds of options for big truck type exhaust and they have some less expensive inserts than the spirals ;Sweet
When assembling those big truck pipes, make sure to use the wide band clamps, preferably the preformed ones, don't use the Ubolt type like usually found on cars. The band clamps make them to where you can take the things apart when needed. If you use the ubolts, you might not be able to separate them and have to cut them apart in the future to service something, and that would be a pain.

THECACKLER

Full Access Member
Reaction score
X2 - Band clamps. Summit has them for about $9 each. They also have weld on collector ring pairs for a bit less so you can make a drop out section from the down pipe to back past the X-member.
As far as the 3" DP is concerned, I couldn't find anything except ATS's. The problem is that their outlet elbow inside diameter is small so just putting a bigger pipe to it will be a minimal gain. I considered cutting the V band part of the outlet elbow off and fabbing from there but ended up paying the ATS piper. I have the old elbow still if you want to try modding it for bigger and straighter down pipe.

94f450sd

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
i already wasted money on that crap that ats sells for my last idi and i aint giving them another dime.i wont even get psd stuff from them hacks.:puke:

Mr.Diesel

Reaction score
Ya, any thing is possible...by bad for thinking you were asking about doing it with out major mods...I'm just saying on a stock truck, even with trimming the pinch seam I wouldn't think it would work.

FYI NAPA stocks SS band clamps up to 6"...

94f450sd

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
i saw the pictures.thanx.the nice thing about where i live is i have a few truck stores near me where i can get all the pipes and clamps cheap.the most expensive part of the putting the stacks on my 95 was the stacks themselves.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
placidoert

Members online