OK Running 100% WMO - 200+ trouble free miles

mankypro

Learning Slowly...
Reaction score
I can even start and stop on it, I've done it twice now just to see if I could. Now. It's in the 90's most days here in Colorado - so thats the caveat.

In any case I'm wondering what you folks suggest I run in my diesel tank as an additive to help keep the fuel delivery system happy? Diesel Kleen? Acetone? Turpentine?

I just want something to help keep the injectors and IP happy.

THoughts?

p.s. filtering to 5 microns at the moment, will be going down to one this next week with a Waterblock too.

hheynow

the misanthrope
Reaction score
First off kerosene is fuel and additives are just additives. Kerosene will thin your WMO lowering its viscosity to mimic #2's it will also lower the auto ignition temp. Kerosene's AIT is 410*F (#2 is 450*F) so blending it with WMO will lower the blend's AIT. I don't know the AIT of pure WMO, but do know that the AIT of WVO is between 600-700*F. Having a high AIT tends to retard the timing due to the higher temp needed for combustion. So the goal is to get your WMO to mimic the viscosity of #2 and to get the blend's AIT to mimic #2's AIT. Reaching this goal gives you a fuel that is close to what #2's properties are. Since I believe you DON'T have a heated system, and heat changes the viscosity, IMO thinning your WMO is a good idea. However I have no experience running WMO, would never run it in my PSD and don't have a clue as to what % blend is optimal.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
m2rtin

Members online