ok its a werid truck

bigoilburner19

Reaction score
ok that is the pic but I just want to know a few things? like is the econoline frame the same as the ford truck frames? and also can I put a 4wd suspension on the front, plus I'm thinkin of puttin stacks on it plus make it jet black. then if I can make it 4 x 4 use it to haul trailers and stuff(4x4 is to get in and out of the dump). any ideas?

Attachments

• econoline.jpg
    econoline.jpg
    8.2 KB · Views: 26

ameristar1

The One Blue Thing
Reaction score
I had an 86 Magnum hauler that was based on a one ton commercial van chassis, with a 5th wheel. The bed was from a pickup and it had a sleeper. The chassis between the van and the truck are essentially the same. Quigley might be the best source for getting answers about doing 4x4 conversions on vans.

94f450sd

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
ok dont quote me on this but i think the vans have a wider frame than the pickup.the rear end in my duallie is out of a one of those limo buses that are built on a ford van.the rear end itself was the correct length for my truck but i had to cut the spring perches off and have them moved in something like 1 1/2 or 2 inches on each side.but most times they widen or narrow the frame behind the cab for a body to be put on it.converting to 4wd might be the same as a pickup.

donnie4720

Reaction score
that is pretty cool lookin! got to be good for haulin ergonomics. id bet a super duty frame doesnt differ much from an econoline, but id be worried about steering box placement angles and stuff like that. as far as 4x4 configuration goes think about spring mounts and pinion angle. i wouldnt think to much difference between frame rails though.

donnie4720

Reaction score
just notice your from circleville, im from mt. sterling! missed the pumpkin show this year. my wife said it was good. take care up there

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lance

Members online