oil pan replacement on 2000 7.3

K9barryb

Reaction score
Just wondering if I can replace the oil pan on my 2000 F350 single cab with a 7.3 without pulling the motor. I have heard if you loosen the cab bolts and remove turbo, you can jack both high enough to remove the pan. Any thoughts or experience with this?

OLDBULL8

Good Morning Ya'll.
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Why are you removing the pan? If it's rusted thru it's better to fix it than to remove it. It's a little job to do it, but better than to remove it.

Welcome to the OB.

K9barryb

Reaction score
Why are you removing the pan? If it's rusted thru it's better to fix it than to remove it. It's a little job to do it, but better than to remove it.

Welcome to the OB.

It is pretty rusted, I could fix it but I plan on keeping the truck until it falls apart and I do not want to keep putting bandaids on. Thanks for the thought, it would be easier.

K9barryb

Reaction score
Thanks, I just thought it would be easier to pull the turbo, jack the cab and get at the pan from underneath. Either way It has to be done.

idipwr

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Only right way to do it is pull the engine, in my opinion. Ive done 15-20 of them and it is the only way I will do it. Problem is if the pan is that rusted you usually run into more thing needing replaced.

K9barryb

Reaction score
Only right way to do it is pull the engine, in my opinion. Ive done 15-20 of them and it is the only way I will do it. Problem is if the pan is that rusted you usually run into more thing needing replaced.

Yeah that is what I thought. The truck only has 79000 miles and was always garaged. I would find it hard to believe I would need a new pump or something else. We have lots of salted roads here, I,m sure that is what did it. Looks like I will be pulling the motor. Thanks....

BigRigTech

Diesel junky
Reaction score
I've done one in an F550 in the truck and it was a PITA, probably less work to pull the engine and definitely less aggravation. Good time to do your up-pipe gaskets, turbo pedastal o-rings, manifold bolts and gaskets if you pull the engine.