oil leak

Exekiel69

Reaction score
can this engines leak oil from the head?

I found some oil between the engine and the tranny at the bottom and it goes all the way to the pass side head right where it meet the block :dunno this thing it in mint condition and has 24k miles now (05 psd).

Thank You.

Exekiel69

Reaction score
Wow, thank You for the tip :rolleyes: .

The oil seems to be coming from between the head and the block and it drips down to the tranny. I feel it with My fingers and it was right at that hight, I was wondering if there is any sensors that could leak oil in that area? I can't see any oil in the coolant nor milkshake on the dipstick.

Any good tips appreciated :D .

tbirdfiend281

Full Access Member
Reaction score
faulty rear engine cover gasket and rear main seal, it can leak as high as up by the head because the high pressure pump cover is there.

its comon happens very often and even at super low miledge

Exekiel69

Reaction score
faulty rear engine cover gasket and rear main seal, it can leak as high as up by the head because the high pressure pump cover is there.

its comon happens very often and even at super low miledge

Thank You, looks like I'll have to make a trip to the dealer.

Exekiel69

Reaction score
i could do it for you, but i dont know witch dealer you use, theres probably like 4 dealers between rockville and columbia

Well they have to do it under warranty, can I just take it to a different dealer than the one I bought it from?

Thank You.

02PSD4ME

Reaction score
My truck has been back 7 times and well over 30 days in the shop to fix an oil leak, it is still leaking.

I filed for a buyback.

Exekiel69

Reaction score
My truck has been back 7 times and well over 30 days in the shop to fix an oil leak, it is still leaking.

I filed for a buyback.

I'm sorry to hear this, but luckily for Me I have a member in My area that just so happen to work at a ford dealership :thumbsup: and btw I would choose an OB member to work on this truck any day before someone else comes with some stop leak and pour it in the oil :mad: .
Will send PM.

Thank You.

tbirdfiend281

Full Access Member
Reaction score

I filed for a buyback.

6.0s are predictable, and not hard to diagnose, people are just to unskilled to take the time and effort needed to properly care, diagnose, and fix 6.0 trucks