Oil Leak when the a/c is on.

Portuga

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hey guys!

Got a question, my truck has an oil leak up in the valley pan, which i believe its from the turbo oil return, no big deal.

The thing that has me stumped is, it will only leak when the a/c is on, significantly. Probably 1/2 qt or more. But if i dont run the a/c, no leak.

Does anybody have any input on this? Any info is greatly appreciated.

icanfixall

Official GMM hand model
Reaction score
Really no coralation between and engine oil leak in the valley pan and the ac running. Where are you seeing oil in the valley pan. Front... Back or along the sides.

Portuga

Full Access Member
Reaction score
A puddle in the back. Also can see oil splashed on the intake manifold right under the turbo. Valley pan is new, but when i put it in i didnt know about people punching holes to drain faster.

Just thought it was weird that it only happens when the ac is on. Today i was driving down the road, everything was fine, closed the windows and turn the ac on, boom, smell of oil burning/white smoke from the engine bay when at stop light. few minutes later turn ac off, no more smoke when stopped and smell started to go away.

Also tuesday i did not use the ac all day, when i got home it didnt leak (at least no more than the normal small drop). all other days i pull in with the ac on, and oil just pours when i stop.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MadScientist

Members online