Oil drain grommet banks turbo

snaponprofile

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hey guys, as we all know, the banks turbo kits get messy underneath the turbo after a while, I fixed this oil drain grommet about 4 months ago and it is leaking again:( I have a spare, so I will be fixing it this weekend but has anyone figured out a way to make this connection leak free?? It is a real pain to have to keep doing this every 4-5 months. I punched holes in the oil baffle to make oil drain faster, I use RTV around the grommet, metal tube and all around and it still leaks 4-5 months later-cuss

Am I doing something wrong. What do ya'll do?

Note: I am gonna try to do it without pulling the turbo this time, I let ya'll know how it goes.

plywood

Recovered N/A
Reaction score
This may do you no good since yours is a banks, but for my factory ATS I used a piece of the N/A cdr valve hose cut to exactly 5/16 length.

That fit perfectly inside the valley pan grommet that was from a Felpro kit.

The oil return bracket then held the piece of hose down just far enough in the grommet that it met the first ridge. I didn't use any sealer, I haven't looked to see if it is seeping, but if you saw the way it worked out I think you'd agree there is no way it could do more than a slight wetting.

The hose simply would not go any farther down in the grommet, and there was no way for it to go up either by nature of the return bracket.

Late_99_psd

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I welded a 3/4 (I believe) hose barb to the valley pan and cut the banks drain, about 2" down, and used a 3/4 (i think) heater hose to finish the connection. I don't remember if I took any pictures, I'll have to look.

snaponprofile

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thanks guys, I'm loving this. I have a welder but that would require pulling the turbo. I'm gonna look at it tonight and see if the CDR hose idea works on this, if not, I will pull turbo and weld.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
m2rtin