OBS sensible suspension mods to improve ride - Timbren ? Sulastic shackles?

Bruin 04

Reaction score
Having just completed a 2400 mile trip in my 1997 7.3 F350, and although the truck and suspension are in good shape - I quickly realized that my shocks, even though they are new, still cannot dampen the ride enough and at times on even smooth highways, even a small road defect or bridge plate would send a minor shockwave through the truck - it was maddening at times - and painful for me and I imagine the truck.

My truck is not modified, it tows and carries loads - thats it - I am not looking for a mod for off roading or suspension lifts etc. I am looking for a way to better dampen the road defects to save both me and the truck and at the same time gain some benefit to ride quality etc.

Does anyone have any experience with the Sulastic shackle or the Timbren suspension enhancement system?

Here are the links

https://www.sulastic.com/

https://timbren.com/

u2slow

bilge rat
Reaction score
Neither. Longer springs have been the most available and cheapest mod I have found to make a difference in ride.

Mine came free with the axle I swapped. Didn't even have to buy u-bolts... just 1/2" fasteners to bolt the hangers in their new positions.

EDIT: if you have a C&C truck, you're at a further disadvantage for ride than a pickup. Those 2-1/4" wide leafs are a thick pack and ride hard.

Last edited:

Load Lugger

Reaction score
I have an ‘95 F-250 4x4 pickup, and I installed the Sulastic rear spring shackles. I also added their lowering shackle attachment at the same time. Relatively little money and installation effort, compared to full air-ride; greatly improved the ride quality, especially when empty.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lewisstevey7