obs cc shell on 88 cc chassis

73idi88f350

Full Access Member
Reaction score
96 obs cc shell on 88 cc chassis

obs crew cab shell on 88 crew cab chassis, basically have a 88 f350 cc dually and need a cab mines rotted pretty good. found a good solid 96 crew cab for a good deal

ive heard the dash mounts are not the same tho can i take the old mounting off my old fire wall and put it to the new cab

anything else.. both trucks are diesel (tho the 96 is a powerstroke) i had planed to transfer my complete interior to the 96 shell im a mechanic so i have the means and tools to do the work just dont know if its possible.
id be using my doors as well
thanks!

Last edited:

junk

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Fire wall between the two cabs is different. It's not impossible but would be some work. I'm thinking you would need to graft the two firewalls together. The main difference is where the wiring and steering column go through the firewall. I'm not sure on the rest of the interior. My thought is it would all probably fit ok. I know in some of the other cabs things like seat belt locations changed between the generations. Not a huge deal but little stuff you might have to figure your way through.

Personally I'd try to round up a dash from a 92-94 idi and use it in the newer cab.

Could always clip the can through the floor and the windshield pillars also.

73idi88f350

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Fire wall between the two cabs is different. It's not impossible but would be some work. I'm thinking you would need to graft the two firewalls together. The main difference is where the wiring and steering column go through the firewall. I'm not sure on the rest of the interior. My thought is it would all probably fit ok. I know in some of the other cabs things like seat belt locations changed between the generations. Not a huge deal but little stuff you might have to figure your way through.

Personally I'd try to round up a dash from a 92-94 idi and use it in the newer cab.

Could always clip the can through the floor and the windshield pillars also.
92-94 idi dash fit? with earlier door panels and such? he has the whole truck and interior but dont wanna waste money on parts that im gonna have to resell or throw away

73idi88f350

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Brick and OBS dashes are different, along with the wing window and panels.

Sent from my SM-G900R4 using Tapatalk

i know there different im wondering if it can be made to work id be using my doors wiring and dash id be using a stripped obs cab.

towcat

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
87-91 wiring connectors are different from the 92-97. you need to make a choice and stick with the OBS interior and find a wiring harness for a IDI truck. PSD wiring is much more complex and the gauge cluster is PSD specific.