November Means Repairing all Fuel Issues

Pull-n-TugTx

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I know this topic is approached in different ways daily on here, which means there is a lot of information to dig thru. It seems people get Fuel parts from several different members. My preference is to buy all at once from one if possible. Just not sure who or how to contact these folks, and what I really need.

i.e. Injectors from Russ?
IP from Mel or Riotwarrior I think (I know its Consetoga Diesel)
Return Lines from ??
Olives from ??

So things I need to due in particular order, unless y'all think there is a proper order.

-Front Tank "shower head" extend pickup hose in tank (runs out a 1/4 tank)
-New O-Ring seal at Sending Unit (leaks when tank is full)
-Install the Carrier Pump (I bought 5 months ago)
-New Return Lines, New Olives, New Top Lines,
-New Injectors (what type??)
-New Ip
-Install Pyrometer (Ive had for 9 months)

Thanks for the guidance on this issue. I'm sure the regular guys will respond, and probably get tired of these same old questions from us :confused:KnuckleHeads.:hail:thumbsup:

Last edited:

icanfixall

Official GMM hand model
Reaction score
Both Russ aka typ4 or Mel aka agnem at Conestoga diesel will have what you want. They are on opposite sides of the country if that means anything too. Be sure to get the engine timed when your done with the fuel system repairs. I have the timing meter rental program working again so thats about the easiest way to get your engine timed. No shops are willing to time these engines and thats a shame. Not even Ford wants to help us out.

Pull-n-TugTx

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So either one of them could get me set-up with all I need, and help ensure that I get what will work best for the application. Im in north TX so location Left or Right is no real difference for me.

The Timing Meter. What kinda instruction do you include in the rental. In other words how bad could I ***** the timing if I have never used this style?

icanfixall

Official GMM hand model
Reaction score
The timing meter is simple to use. Its the Kent Moore J33300-A meter. I explain how to use it and all the directions come with it. So does the special tools for loosening the hard to reach nuts and the tool to turn the pump. I give you my cell number in case you have any questions when using the meter. I can be called any time of day or nite to help you. The meter will time several ways. I sent it ready to use by the clamp on line pulse method. thats the preferred way on this forum. the meter will do all the work. It has a microprocesser thats breaks down the degrees of timing to a tenth of a degree. Can't do that with a lite. you clean 2 places on the engine. connect 2 probes. Power up the meter and press one rocker switch on the meter. Then start the engine and rev to 2000 rpm watching the digital display for both timing degrees and rpm. shut down to make any changes. simple even a caveman can do it...:angel:
My fee is $70.00 to my paypal account and I ask that you pm me your name and shipping address. If you need to call I will try to answer on the first call but usually I wont answer an unknown number but will listen to the messages. So if you include your number in the pm I will program that into my phone so I know its not a crank call from who knows who or what. I get plenty of those and kind of enjoy taking the caller off their game of selling. I tell them thats for calling and I really need to talk because I'm so lonely.. That usually gets rid of them in a hurry. If they hang on I start asking personal questions..:sly:D

fsmyth

Full Access Member
Reaction score
What's the package weight? Preferred shipper?
My truck is running fine, but I may do it anyway :)
<als>

Agnem

Using the Force!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I'm easy to get a hold of. Just PM me here, or if you can't remember conestogadiesel.com, you can probably remember moosepump.com Both take you to me.

icanfixall

Official GMM hand model
Reaction score
I ship thru the us post office flat rate box. I really don't know what the weight is cause its included in the way they ship. I will have a meter ready when you want unless another members needs it before you commit to this. Its very simple to use and the meter does all the work for you. Just clean, connect and rev to 2000 rpm.

riotwarrior

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I know this topic is approached in different ways daily on here, which means there is a lot of information to dig thru. It seems people get Fuel parts from several different members. My preference is to buy all at once from one if possible. Just not sure who or how to contact these folks, and what I really need.i.e. Injectors from Russ? IP from Mel or Riotwarrior I think (I know its Consetoga Diesel) Return Lines from ?? Olives from ??So things I need to due in particular order, unless y'all think there is a proper order.-Front Tank "shower head" extend pickup hose in tank (runs out a 1/4 tank)-New O-Ring seal at Sending Unit (leaks when tank is full)-Install the Carrier Pump (I bought 5 months ago)-New Return Lines, New Olives, New Top Lines,-New Injectors (what type??)-New Ip-Install Pyrometer (Ive had for 9 months)Thanks for the guidance on this issue. I'm sure the regular guys will respond, and probably get tired of these same old questions from us :confused:KnuckleHeads.:hail:thumbsup:
Wow, last time when someone confused me with another member here it was with Gary LOL and I was flattered then, this time.. well it's with Mel, again flattery....and flattery...well it's just not going to get anyone anywhere LOLAs is already said, Mel or Russ can handle the whole enchilada of your fuel related issues. Don't forget if needing a Carrier lift pump, contact Genlightening via PM as he's the GO TO guy for those...Me I'm just the go to guy for well not much really...pictures I suppose LOL not much else though mind you :slyAl

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nanohawk