Note to self: Get some help next time!

EMD_DRIVER

Say what?!?!
Reaction score
I got called to run a train today and parked next to where the locomotives were sitting. My parking spot was next to one of the railroad's backhoes. We finished the run and got a ride back to our vehicles (Which were in separate locations) I got the bright idea, that I'd use the hoe to move my new fuel tank to the proper spot in the bed of my truck. I tried moving it by hand, but it's just too heavy.

Hooked the hoe to the tank, but had a hard time getting the tank to sit properly. It kept wanting to turn the wrong way. After 5 or 6 trips from the seat of the hoe to the tank, I decided to get the tank in position and just back the truck under it. That worked really well, until I tried lowering the tank into the bed. Right before it would be where it belonged, it would move the wrong way.

I decided to use the side of the bed rail to get it turned the right way and then move the hoe and drop it into position... At least that WAS the plan.

I got the tank almost where I wanted it and was getting ready to drop it into place, when it slid up the corner edge of the plastic bedliner. There was a little "Pop" as the bottom corner of the tank went through the back glass.. :eek:

This whole little adventure took about a half-hour... In the cool breeze of the afternoon (18f windchill) I didn't have anyone to be mad at, so I just said "Oh well"

I thought about it for a minute and figured it wasn't too bad. It gave me some incentive, to finally install the sliding rear window that I bought from Jred a while back.

Next time, I'll try a little harder to get some help!

MIDNIGHT RIDER

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Sometimes in similar situations, a long rope tied to whatever being lifted and the other end in your hand is a big help.;Sweet

By the way, it reads like you don't work for a Class-1 RR, but maybe an independent.

What RR do you work for and where is their main terminal ??

Agnem

Using the Force!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
But then Alzhiemers kicks in and we don't seem to remember what we already learned. :dunno

Dsl_Dog_Treat

I lost my face to the jaws of a poodle
Reaction score
But then Alzhiemers kicks in and we don't seem to remember what we already learned. :dunno

I thought that's what the tech forums were for.:dunno

Gary I'm glad you did that before I did. Only difference was that I used a 3 pt boom on the back of my 8N tractor and I had to back under the swinging tank. If ya wern't watching like a lizzard, you could knock the bak widow out and scrape the paint off the dually flares all in 1.2 seconds.:puke:

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cv axle

Members online