No start!

huntinguy

Reaction score
Ok guys the truck(04) has been sitting for a few months with a bad tranny. So yesterday we went to get it running so we could move it up into the shop to put the new tranny in. I turned the key on and everything came on but the injectors don't buzz. It cranks but it won't start.

Thinking it was the FICM we took it out and rebuilt it. That didn't do it.
I have 48v on one stud, 12v on another and 0 on the other two.

If I hold the FICM power relay closed the injectors will buzz and the truck will start and run. But if you let go of the relay it dies. There's only 9v to the relay.

anybody know what it is. I am pretty sure it's a bad FICM but everything looked good inside the FICM. Could it be bad battories?

Thanks! Tranny is coming tomorrow so I need to get this going.

War Wagon

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Check all related fuses. Check FICM connections for corrosion and make sure they are pushed all the way. If you have access to a scan tool, there are some things to check. If there is a P0611 present the FICM is bad. It may also be accompanied with codes for injectors circuit low on one are all 8 injectors. Monitor FICM voltages while cranking. FICM vehicle power and logic power should be batt. voltage (about 12.6) and should not fall below about 10v while cranking. FICM main power should read 48v and maintain while cranking. If the battery voltage is not enough, that should be addressed first and also check for corrosion on the battery terminals. Low battery volts and bad connections are one of the things that kill FICM's. If the battery voltage is good and the FICM will not maintain 48v, it's bad. I'm not sure what you mean by rebuilding the FICM but, a new (reman) FICM needs to be programed when installed.

huntinguy

Reaction score
Found the problem. There is a bad wire between the fuse box and the FICM power relay. Thanks!

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
m2rtin

Members online