No Heat

'94IDITurbo7.3

HAMMER DOWN!
Reaction score
I checked my t-stat and it opens ~190 deg F and closes just fine. my water pump leaks a little bit from the bottom. would a bad water pump give me no heat. it does not matter how long i drive i have no heat (enough to be comfortable during the winter months).

Ideas?

Thanks

'94IDITurbo7.3

HAMMER DOWN!
Reaction score
are the heater hoses going into the heater core hot when the engine is running?

Is your heater door functioning?

I don't know about the the temp of the hoses but i do think my doors are functioning b/c my defrosters work and i can feel a little heat out of the vents on the dash and such. it is just hardly any heat.

I will be flushing out my heater core when i finish flushing my cooling system. mabey that is all it needs. i think it would be best to do the water pump now. it leaks when i have the block heater plugged in and when the fleetcharge is $15.99 i would not like to waste to much.

itsacrazyasian

residentcrazyasian
Reaction score
the heater/blend door is cable operated. Has nothing to do with defrost and vents. Feel the temp of the hoses, they should be about the same temperature if the heater core isn't doing any heat exchange, and those hoses should be HOT.

'94IDITurbo7.3

HAMMER DOWN!
Reaction score
Well right now everything is apart so no running engine. hopefully flushing the system will help. but when i get everything back together i will make sure to feel the hoses coming out of the firewall.

itsacrazyasian

residentcrazyasian
Reaction score
Well right now everything is apart so no running engine. hopefully flushing the system will help. but when i get everything back together i will make sure to feel the hoses coming out of the firewall.

a point and shoot would be better. You might not like feeling the temp of the head.

itsacrazyasian

residentcrazyasian
Reaction score
water pump comes with new gasket. just need a little tube of dressing to install.

check that pump out carefully. I use GMB alot at the shop but the ones i get from Advance say china or india on them. The majority of the ones i get from IMC even for the same application and part number say Japan or Thailand or Mexico on them.

Every GMB pump i have installed from advance has failed prematurely. I usually say GMB for Asian imports, i have a pump from Gates on mine right now with no issues.

'94IDITurbo7.3

HAMMER DOWN!
Reaction score

Ididriver

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'd be glad with no heat. Heat is the LAST thing I want down here in Florida.
It's averaged over 100 all summer:puke:

Jbevs

IDI Newb
Reaction score
I have read here that the pump from ford is worth the price. That is unless you like swapping them every year or so.

itsacrazyasian

residentcrazyasian
Reaction score
I'd be glad with no heat. Heat is the LAST thing I want down here in Florida.
It's averaged over 100 all summer:puke:

My truck has GREAT heat and awesome AC.

Last winter got some cold days, cold enough that i didn't want to drive my truck to work without heat. The other side note to that is i'm funny about everything working in my vehicles.

My a/c has never come off the MAX AC position all summer, only the damn fan speed has changed! LOL

I never used the Duralast pump, curious to see where its made. The closest AZ is 45 min from me. My gates pump is made in the good ole USA. Got 30k on it now and its been good.

Ididriver

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My truck has GREAT heat and awesome AC.

Last winter got some cold days, cold enough that i didn't want to drive my truck to work without heat. The other side note to that is i'm funny about everything working in my vehicles.

My a/c has never come off the MAX AC position all summer, only the damn fan speed has changed! LOL

I never used the Duralast pump, curious to see where its made. The closest AZ is 45 min from me. My gates pump is made in the good ole USA. Got 30k on it now and its been good.
Sounds like my AC. It can freeze you out of the cab in 110 deg temps and heater is wayyy hot!