No fuel to injectors assistance

Spun4Fun

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Brand new IP pump& injectors , fuel to pump as o verified by cracking open the feed line , Driver side plugs on top of the pump ,FSS reading ( Big plug towards the front ) 10V , small plug front of it reading 11v .

Cracked Injectors line wide open but no Fuel

My GP indicator at the dash Work ( I hear the Relay click )

Any Suggestion and ideas are greatly appreciated unless it takes a special trick

Last edited:

FORDF250HDXLT

The life of an Indian is like the wings of the air
Supporting Member
Reaction score
It takes a crap load of cranking after an IP fuel adjustment or replacement.
Close an leave your fuel lines sealed.Crank or 20 full seconds then stop and let the starter cool for 2 mins.Crank for another full 20 seconds or until the truck starts.Let idle until it smooths out.

icanfixall

Official GMM hand model
Reaction score
Try turing on the ignition switch and then lift the wire on top of the injection pump. Listen for a click.Then reconnect the wire and again listen for the click.Hear nothing please run a jumper wire directly from the battery positive to this connection on top of the injection pump.

Spun4Fun

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Try turing on the ignition switch and then lift the wire on top of the injection pump. Listen for a click.Then reconnect the wire and again listen for the click.Hear nothing please run a jumper wire directly from the battery positive to this connection on top of the injection pump.

I lifted the wire and had helper turn the key . I can hear loud and clear click coming from the IP but no fuel to injectors

Spun4Fun

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It takes a crap load of cranking after an IP fuel adjustment or replacement.
Close an leave your fuel lines sealed.Crank or 20 full seconds then stop and let the starter cool for 2 mins.Crank for another full 20 seconds or until the truck starts.Let idle until it smooths out.

How many times before I declare defeat ? Tried that but not for more than 3 times fearing to burn the starter. But I had some the injectors cracked open

gandalf

Reaction score
I seem to recall that I had to recharge my batteries when I did this process. Just be sure you give the starter adequate time to cool between cranking.

If you somehow introduced air into the fuel filter this cranking thing can be lengthly. This is one of the advantages of the electric lift pump. You can turn the ignition on, turn the electric lift pump on, and hold the schrader valve open to allow all the air in the fuel filter to escape. That cuts down a lot on your cranking time.

Spun4Fun

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I seem to recall that I had to recharge my batteries when I did this process. Just be sure you give the starter adequate time to cool between cranking.

If you somehow introduced air into the fuel filter this cranking thing can be lengthly. This is one of the advantages of the electric lift pump. You can turn the ignition on, turn the electric lift pump on, and hold the schrader valve open to allow all the air in the fuel filter to escape. That cuts down a lot on your cranking time.

All filters were removed and replaced with new, I have main Motorcraft Fuel/ water separator that feeds CAT 1R-0750 filter before it enters the IP.

Small but of info , old pump was removed out of the Gear by removing the 3 Nuts and washers then removing the Hex bolts from the back to separate the Pump from the Timing wheel, New pump went in the Same exact way.

I have fuel at the main Pump inlet when my helper turn the key to spin the Eng over, i saw fuel gushing out ( i had the line cracked open ).

Clb

Another old truck
Supporting Member
Reaction score
no one crack the lines at 4 inj. then crank it till it bleeds then do the other 4???
try bleeding out the air

Spun4Fun

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It's success gentleman ... We have a BAD Ass running green machine ... the trick as stated above let the starter rest by memember FORDF250HDXLT .. along I had to WOT

Thanks all , now waiting on the meter
From OLDBULL to get it timed Like Rolex

IDIBRONCO

IDIBRONCO
Reaction score
You had to get fuel through both the filter and your injector pump. That can take forever.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
IDIBronco86

Members online