nice, but 6800?

DesertBen44

Full Access Member
Reaction score
People need to realize that dropping money to customize your truck doesnt mean your getting that money back; maybe someone will buy it, maybe they wont, but i've seen automatics in the 200k range rust free tucson style w/gearvendors for around 3k.

flareside_thun

Reviving The General Tao
Reaction score
A vehicle is worth whatever someone is willing to pay for it. Geography plays a distinct role. Just because you guys live in the SW and wouldn't pay the price he's asking, doesn't mean that someone in the rust belt or Canada wouldn't jump on it for that price.

DesertBen44

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Seems like the deals out here are only on trucks, used car market in Tucson is horrible for buyers because all the cars get roped up to an old Chevy and towed down to mehico.

WilltheThrill

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Your right, cars and small trucks sell fast and high for the most part. Anyone in phx/ tucson can tell you about overloaded rigs pulling a small truck or car doing 55 on the 10 headed south.

Full size cars and trucks move slow and cheap.

ocnorb

IDIT
Reaction score
I would pay that for a clean extended cab or crew cab with all the same features... a single cab - no.

Agnem

Using the Force!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
If the rest of that truck looks as good as that one pic, heck yeah! I'd pay that easily.

DesertBen44

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Definitely nothing wrong with asking on the high side of what somethings worth on Craigslist, i'm asking 3500 for a bronco right now that will probably bring in like 2800. People think they are getting an awesome deal lowballing you when your really just getting what its worth. Since wages are so low in this "right to work" state lowballing is at an alltime high down here in AZ from what i've seen.

http://tucson.craigslist.org/cto/3156179965.html

Dieselcrawler

Professional wrench holder
Staff member
Reaction score
Hell, I paid 10000 for my dually from darrin. Yea it was a little high in my mind but the truck has never let me down and now has a best of show and a best dually awards to go with it.

I would also pay that price for it

Darrin Tosh

IDI Hound
Reaction score
Quote Originally Posted by Darrin Tosh View Post

$3,500.00 Rust Free F250 Diesel 4x4 in good mechanical shape.
$1,000.00 New paint
$1,500.00 New tires and Rims
$1,500.00 used Gear Vendors installed
$1,200.00 used turbo system installed
$1,000.00 Winch, Winch Bumper off road lights installed
$500.00 Fender Flares, topper and other misc things,

Your prices are generous, Darrin. I should have left my truck with you if you can source and install a used GV for $1500. IF I could locate one it would be for about a grand around here and a shop would want $1500 to install it.:eek: Same goes for the turbo.;Really

Thanks, I try to be realistic on prices, I have see GV for sale for 700 to 1000, and figure $500 to install it yourself, taking drive shafts into consideration, and your own labor. I know that a New one wold be $3500.00 installed by a shop. so it is hard to compare new prices when you can get used stuff,..and since this truck and all of its components are used as well. Turbo Systems are the same as well.

Even paint jobs, You can spend $500.00 or you can spend $5,000.00 or more, but realistically most of us can get a good usable paint job done for around $1.000.00. My guy would paint it Blue,...;Really

People need to realize that dropping money to customize your truck doesnt mean your getting that money back; maybe someone will buy it, maybe they wont, but i've seen automatics in the 200k range rust free tucson style w/gearvendors for around 3k.

I agree, but to me, This truck isn't Customized, It is done like it should be. So if you spend money on stuff that mkaes the truck more usable and drivable (Turbo, Gear Vendors, etc) You can expect to get a good portion of that money back out of it, as that is what most of us Diesel Truck buyers go for. But if you "Customize" it with a $6000.00 bumpin Stereo, Way Wild 10K paint job, and Neons, then no way will you get back any money out of it.

All of the mods done on this truck are Useful, Tasteful, and the truck looks bad Ass.

Again, miles are important, but Condition is EVERYTHING for what price you can get. That is why last year I was able to sell a 6K mile, 1991 F350 Crew Cab 460 Gasser 2wd for $16,000.00. Go ahead and KBB that thing and tell me what it is worth.

A vehicle is worth whatever someone is willing to pay for it. Geography plays a distinct role. Just because you guys live in the SW and wouldn't pay the price he's asking, doesn't mean that someone in the rust belt or Canada wouldn't jump on it for that price.

That is Correct! As far as Geography, More and more people are using the internet to buy a Rust Free Truck, pay a little more and have it shipped, of go pick it up and taking it back to their rust belt state. Not only do you get a rust free truck, that looks way better than any local truck, you get a truck that you can work on, The bolts will come off, instead of break off because of rust. It is easier to maintain than newer trucks, and older rusty trucks.

To Me, Mechanical stuff is always easier to replace than body stuff, Once you have rust, you will never stop chasing it.

Definitely nothing wrong with asking on the high side of what somethings worth on Craigslist, i'm asking 3500 for a bronco right now that will probably bring in like 2800. People think they are getting an awesome deal lowballing you when your really just getting what its worth. Since wages are so low in this "right to work" state lowballing is at an alltime high down here in AZ from what i've seen.

http://tucson.craigslist.org/cto/3156179965.html

That thing is just Screamin for a 4BT, :sly

Black dawg

Reaction score
I have sold less for more, it is worth whatever somebody will pay for it. Does it have center caps over the lock-outs?

gsxjay

Full Access Member
Reaction score
he also on the ranger station forum has a lot more info on the build of that truck

DesertBen44

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yeah the 4bt in the bronco is an awesome combination. If i am going to keep a bronco I would need one that is older so I could pass emissions in CT when i end up moving back (25 years is limit for emissions in CT) plus i wouldnt be able to register it in Pima county. Guy is coming to pick it up in a few minutes. Sad to see it go.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ntjapkes