newest addition!!! and its got a bit more IH then its engine

Alex S

Jeoff
Reaction score
went and picked up a 1971 Scout 800 B from a buddie
needs some work like fenders,(they been trimed) some tub rust etc. typical scout stuff
345 V8 4 speed granny 4:56 gears

soon to come!!! Power steering and power disk brakes LOL

all i payed for it was a bunch of Scout II parts :rotflmao

Attachments

• IMG_0555.jpg
    IMG_0555.jpg
    208 KB · Views: 32
  • IMG_5249.jpg
    IMG_5249.jpg
    242.6 KB · Views: 38
  • IMG_6807.jpg
    132.2 KB · Views: 5
  • IMG_4792.jpg
    IMG_4792.jpg
    178 KB · Views: 25
Last edited:

nyteshades

Full Access Member
Reaction score
;Sweet

The wife's grandfather has one of these sitting at his house that I have been trying to talk him out of it.

Last edited:

stumpjumper3

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Very good looking Scout 800(traded a 10/22 and a metal detector for it). My dad has a 71 800B that is really well setup. As well as a 67 Travelette that we will be swapping a 7.3 N/A ZF5 into for a tow pig. I love those old scouts and some day will have the place to save every one i can from the crusher lol. Any big plans for this one?

Alex S

Jeoff
Reaction score
Hmmmmm not sure on the plans yet 1st thing will be to make it easy to drive in the city (power steering and brakes) and i have all the scout II stering stuff to throw in,

If i do go diesel I have acces to an rusty 89 cruecab F350 that i can get for a few hundred bucks so i'll just use that whole drive train )7.3 ZF5 dana 60 front blah blah blah)

Butt...... IH gas engines are fun to! driving it made me remember what its like to have some real throttle response and a few RMP to grab :rotflmao
A healthy 345 can be a hot motor especially if you add some BB chev valve springs and some blow ;):sly:sly soo im kinda thinking about about throttle body injection and a turbo as well. Plus behind the engine is a ton up space for an up pipe and a down pipe ;p

But for now I think get some new fenders and make it a bit more user friendly (might trow in some scout II axels i have lying around) and go from there

Attachments

• smoken.jpg
    smoken.jpg
    150.1 KB · Views: 5
  • IMG_0567.jpg
    IMG_0567.jpg
    312 KB · Views: 3

6.9poweredscout

Bleeds IH red...
Reaction score
sweet! i loved my '69 800A, but hated the manual brakes and steering. with the 345 i put in and a 4 bbl carb it'd smoke the back tires off and blow donuts on pavement as if it were on ice! ;Sweet i welded up the little bitty dana 30 and then stripped it in a mud hole. i was going to swap in 44's from a scout II then wound up getting rid of it b/c it cost me too much to keep it going! i got it for free but it was a money pit. good luck with it!:D

-Jon

Attachments

• 800a.jpg
    800a.jpg
    28.4 KB · Views: 8
Last edited:

Alex S

Jeoff
Reaction score
Yea im thinking about keeping this one nice and just use the Scout II as a trail rig, that way i wont worry about getting a scratch or dent and use it as it was intended. But the powerstroke thing is very very interesting, idea :love:

There is a guy on pirate who put a power stroke in a scout 80 :eek::eek: and is just bad ass!!!! so i guess prety much any engine will fit

and a pic on a hill in my back yard :rotflmao kinda lame

Attachments

• IMG_0564.jpg
    IMG_0564.jpg
    212 KB · Views: 6

6.9poweredscout

Bleeds IH red...
Reaction score
There is a guy on pirate who put a power stroke in a scout 80 :eek::eek: and is just bad ass!!!! so i guess prety much any engine will fit

i was just going to tell you that! i talk to him alot on the binder planet. there was a lot of firewall reconstruction....;p

-Jon

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cv axle

Members online