New Truck/ New question

MARQ2277

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I wired my cold advace solenoid to my fuel shut off, so when I turn the key on, I have the cold advance on all the time, and it runs a lot better. It is real hard to reach the bottom bolts on the pump, and you can't advance it that much, so I went with the solenoid trick. Just a thought.

Marq

Devilish

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I was thinking about doing that too. ATM it's running on #2 so I wanted to set it to run on that a little better before adding the earl. I was thinking of advancing only a few degrees then adding a switch. I have a trip to Vegas in a few days to pick up my 'new to me' 1982 300 sd so I'm rushing along to get ready for the trip.

fsr7

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I had always heard that the lines needed to be the same length, as well... Does anyone know if the 7.3 turbo lines (other than #1) are the same length as the 6.9 NA lines? I know they are shaped different, but don't know anything about the length

icanfixall

Official GMM hand model
Reaction score
The only diffeance in the injection lines is truck to vans on the number 1 and one on the drivers side of the motor. I don't remember which cylinder it is on the vans drivers side for the timing fitting. About in the 88 or 89 year the injectors were pulled 60 thousands out of the heads. That shortened the injection lines 60 thousands. Its nothing you can see or feel. basically they are all the same lines for 6.9 & 7.3.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lewisstevey7

Members online