New (to me) Wheels!

Tristan

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Got some wheels with a bit bigger rubber on the old girl. Also met Russ (member RThomas) yesterday. It was very nice to meet you Russ and thanks again!

Here is the before picture:
You must be registered for see images

And the after:

You must be registered for see images

:D

rthomas

Reaction score
anytime tristan, we had a good bs. sesion (mini-mini meet), got to compare turbo systems and go for a ride, good time!
tristan did those balence out ok?, some of my balence problems might have actualy been my front berings, when they rebalenced the two that were off they wernt very bad

Tristan

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thanks guys!

Russ, the balance seemed to be just fine. Nice and smooth on the freeway coming back. Oh and the blinker issue was the flasher unit taking a dump. I love those easy fixes!

soulpatchfr

goat herder
Reaction score
lookin' good, tristan.
i like seeing big fat tires filling up the wheelwell. i'll bet you're loving the softer ride, too. keep an eye on your tire pressure... they will probably require a lot less psi than you're used to.
what are those wheels, anyway? they look like american racing outlaw IIs - i'm running the same ones, just diff size.
so why was the old spare in the bed? XL rear fuel tank? are you going to buy a 5th wheel/tire combo to match the new ones?
i was thinking of doing that for mine ever since i bought new meat back in oct. i would love to have a matching spare & use it during regular tire rotations. and i just like the look of a bed (or cab) mounted matching spare.

Tristan

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thanks Frank. I think they are the Outlaw II or a look alike. When I bought the truck there was a canopy on it with the spare and a small side mount tool box in the bed. I actually have a in the bed type camper. Due to clearance reasons the tool box had to come out for the camper to fit. For the same reason the spare needs to go under the bed as most had from the factory. I have most of the parts to do it, I just need to get it done.

Can you describe your cab mount idea? Do you mean just in the bed up against the cab?

troutwest66

Ricer-Roni The IDI Treat
Reaction score
I almost bought one with the same colors a couple of years ago. Looked tough. Add-a-leaf at all corners, ZF, newer motor, ATS non-wastegated, the body was strait but needed paint. Only $5500. Probably shoulda bought it but I really needed rear shoulder belts for my daughter. If it wasn't for her I might have been driving it today.

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Alleycat

Members online