New to me truck infamous code 62

anotheridi

Full Access Member
Reaction score
totally transformed.;Sweet

Thanks to your posts, I knew what I was getting into before tackling this, thanks very much. We are buttoning up the new turbo back and just need to install the drive shafts, the skid plate, and top off the fluid.

anotheridi

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Alright first of all pulling the trans has got to be the easiest way to install the tugger kit and the exhaust, second of all it now shifts like a truck should, this is a must when doing any trans work, I will update on the longevity of the converter and whether the code comes back, but I tried my best and it would not come back, so I'm knocking on wood declaring case closed. Thanks for all the input and advice.

Last edited:

tbrumm

Full Access Member
Reaction score
We installed the full tugger kit except the snap rings, so I'm excited to see how it shifts today

I am glad you got the truck all better together and no more Code 62! I see you did not install the snap rings. Is a lot more teardown of the trans involved to get those installed?

anotheridi

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I actually forgot about the snap rings, they were in the box behind the tray that holds all the springs, and before assembly I had already taken the metering plate and put it on top of the springs, as I drilled it ahead of time. So, I got in too much of a hurry. Honestly though if we had done it on Friday during the day, I would have just bought a rebuild kit from a place in town that stocks them. I did not realize how far down the trans gets just from the tugger install, and I have all the special tools from when I rebuilt the trans in my daily. From looking at it, this seems like a very easy trans to rebuild, my brother just didn't want to spend the money. He wants 40k more miles out of the trans that he has, and I think he will get it easily.

trackspeeder

Stone crusher.
Reaction score
The E4 is a very easy tranny to rebuild. Basically a C6 with a fourth gear and a solenoid pack. The rebuild gets a little complicated when you want to see more than 400+ HP.:D

anotheridi

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Ya my first rebuild on a trans was a Honda automatic, and it was close to a manual trans, but was confusing because of the two different shafts, and having to press everything on and off, as for the E4OD it looks as though everything just goes inline, inside the housing, after looking at a writeup on fourdoorbronco.com it looks like a good candidate for a diy project.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Grizzly Wrecker

Members online