New springs or lift kit?

Biggreen94

Reaction score
Its time for some suspension work! The front springs are about 1/4 an inch from the bump stops. Not only that, but the shocks are shot all the way around. I've done some checking, and new front springs are going to run about $400 to $500 installed. I can get a 4 inch lift with shocks for $549, but I would have to install it. I have a set of 35 inch tires to use and the truck has 4.10 gears.

I guess my question is, has anyone here done the 4 inch lift, and are there any problems with the trucks after (frame cracking, driveline problems)?
I pull a lanscaping trailer around, and a small camper trailer every so often, but nothing real big.

towcat

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
PM Brian Hagen....he just went through this. Personally, I'd just get new springs. I don't really care for lift kits unless there is a really good reason for it. Your steering will devlop new quirks and alignments by a competent shop is gonna be expensive.

Agnem

Using the Force!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I've run a 4" lift for over 20 years with no problems. Steering works as good as stock if you get the right pitman arm.

beretzs

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I run a 6" Skyjacker on my truck and have ever since I have owned it. Truck handles weight very well and it makes the truck very capable for any off road you would take a truck of this size. Skyjacker makes excellent springs and hardware. Plus, you may gain a little economy with the 35's and 4.10's. Scotty

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
m2rtin

Members online