New rough cut 4x4's and 2x6's for my redeck of White Rhino!

riotwarrior

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
So this deck currently on the truck has a great sub frame...its the top cross bars and the plywood decking that really suck.

The cross bars are all bent and sag the deck downwards on the outside edge, the deck is 5/8 plywood with minimal support :mad:

Im cutting the deck and top cross bars off, adding on 4x4 wooden cross bars and then rough cut 2x6 lumber for the deck.

Here you can see how the outter edges bend downward like *****!
You must be registered for see images attach

You can see that the cross members on the frame ride on rubber and are of different height, this setup works nice and that rail on those is good material too, this is shot just behind the cab.

A look from behind the rear tyre looking forward towards drivers side of cab, again good solid base to work with!

A shot of the rear most cross stringer on the frame, same size as the most forward one

deck cross bars that suck and are rusted and bending....ok for a snowmobile deck as it was designed for didnt like sticking on any weight on that at all...

Here we have the top cross bar at the outer edge...this is sucky ***** no less

This is some of my fresh cut lumber, Ya thats the ticket, I'll be staining it with WMO prior to any installation all sides of all the material!...Once it's cut to size that is!

The 4x4's will be stained as well with WMO, also...going to notch them about 1" deep to rest over the main deck frame.

Thats about it today as I just need to work on getging the angle iron or some material now to make up some type of bracket to bolt the upper 4x4 wood cross bars to the lower tubular rectangular steel subframe, as well as then bolt the deck boards down. I'm going to have to fab a headache rack too but that can wait a bit.

This deck for now will be cab width...about 6' wide by 8' long or there bouts. I'll dump that ***** rear bumper too...and add on normal drawbar 2" receiver hitch and some type of normal stock style bumper!

Got the lumber where I got this truck

4x4's 0.50 cents a foot....6x8' 48 feet....24 dollars
2x6's $4.25 Ea!

Suggestions ideas are all welcomed ....DO NOT however attempt to convince me to make deck wider! I want a PU box width deck only...

Al

Last edited:

91idi

Fiberglass *****
Reaction score
If you ditched the extra weight that bed would be ok LOL

riotwarrior

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score

NOPE...guess gotta take pics of the rusted out material to convince ya....sucks..but I'll do it...it's seriously ***** and not worthy of repair...PLUS deck is too WIDE!!! going wheeling...need skinny deck not wide deck!

How about a dump bed?:sly

NOPE...no dump...simple wood deck nothing fancy...reason...cab swap first...going to be swapping on a supercab....later remove deck...and add on Bronco back half....making a super cab Bronco!!!! just a simple deck...keep me legal...for now!

Just looking for ideas on edges, headache racks, suggestions on that...

NO tipper....NO WIDE deck... LOL

Matrix37495

The Amish Wolfman
Reaction score
You're killing me with the factory taillights... :D

Go with some LED taillights...

Last edited:

riotwarrior

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
You're killing me with the factory taillights... :D

Go with some LED taillights...
I'm doing this on the cheap as best I can....nuff said...if some lights fall in my lap....kewl...but if not...nadda...

I sure like that deck...got more pics by any chance?

riotwarrior

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score

Ok so here I go! These are the most obvious and clearly indicate an issue with the upper portion of the deck...

Besides...the plywood and remaining steel I keep off the top portion...well it gets recycled into my little utility trailer what ever part of it is good that is...the plywood for certain...trailer is 6' wide 8' long...perfect for recycled deck material!

Gotta realize this deck was bent and rusted when I got it..I only needed a deck to get legal...well now I am and am redecking it..LOL

Still may just have to keep those STOCK tail lights though...just oooozes cheap redneck to me!

cbarm

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Cheap redneck is cool LOL but maybe a 1 up on that would be to have a different colored factory box all rusted out n beat to hell to go with that nice great shape cab and clip? That auta have some redneck appeal...LOL

I bet ya can get a box for 50 bucks or less...

Matrix37495

The Amish Wolfman
Reaction score
Heres some more...All the good ones of the bed are older ones...:D

Try this with a steel bed :D

Danielle

No, it's not finished
Supporting Member
Reaction score
My dad has a mill and is going to do something similar for me with the wood he has milled (and now it sits in my parents' yard driving my mom nuts haha) and I was wondering how I would seal it.

You're just going to use used engine oil? That would be awesome, I have like four 55 gallon drums of it!

PS: is the background of your pictures REAL? The trees and mountains? GORGEOUS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Danielle

No, it's not finished
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Really;Really Are you sure you or your dad doesn't need some electrical work or tree removal in exchange for some lumber?

I DO need electrical work! What kind of lumber? My mom will love you if you took some haha

Riot, I am moving in! That's breathtaking!! That really makes me hate Jersey even more haha