New pump, runs like crap

fx4wannabe

Full Access Member
Reaction score
there has to be an easier way....pulled all the injector lines, got it lined up....cross threaded injectors 1 & 7 in the process of putting it back together....I am ready to burn this f****ing truck to the ground

Man I have been there. Mine has sat in the garage almost 2 yrs. I would pour a bunch of money into it and it still not run then I would put it away and not look at it for months. Finally I am starting to conquer it. Still have a ways to go but step by step we'll get there. If you still want to burn it save yourself the trouble and just sign it over to me.

dyoung14

Is getting worn out
Reaction score
Timothy take a minute and calm down, now i know you have some extra injection lines laying around cause i sold them to you, so your good there, isnt there a way to re tap the threads on the injectors? you will get it back runnning just be patient, i know how you feel right now, i feel like burning my truck to the ground at the moment too, but im going to keep messing with it

timothyr1014

Full Access Member
Reaction score
retapped the injectors...and the lines saved my a$$...thank you david!

got it all back together with the marks lined up, no fuel leaks, put still got a major rattle and a nice white haze...in as much as i am happy i can now start her, I am pissed as it was running very nice other than the haze that kept it from passing emissions....

6.9poweredscout

Bleeds IH red...
Reaction score
That's kind of how I'm feeling with the scout right now. I have a set of ebay delphis in the scout that mel pressure tested for me when my moosepump was being built, I wonder if a few of my injectors let go....ugh.

-Jon

idi traveler

Full Access Member
Reaction score
timothr1014, I know your pain. I'm fighting the same problem. When I got my truck it blue/white smoked at idle and any other RPM. I started playing with the timing a little at a time. little baby advances. A couple of dime widths advanced and it stopped smoking at idle, but started at 1200 then a little farther and it was smoking at 1500. Then some more and it was smoking at 1800. I have the pump as far as I can go toward the pass side(I had to loosen the lines to get there)and it now smokes at about 2200/2300 RPM. The farther I moved the pump, the better the truck would run and start. I'm beginning to think that the pump gear is off one tooth. I replaced all of the injectors with new one and no change. If you find the answer to your problem please let me know!!!!!!!!!!!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mitsu tractor

Members online