New Motorcraft fan clutch

typ4

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Uhaul site on ebay has some for sale, nothing better than new oem I have found;Sweet

icanfixall

Official GMM hand model
Reaction score
Isn't that the truth Russ. Are you going to modify the springs if you buy some of these...

OLDBULL8

Good Morning Ya'll.
Supporting Member
Reaction score
WOW That's one heck of a price for $50. I would think they would fit more than just the F350. I think Frank is going by just what they where bought for.

Greg5OH

Full Access Member
Reaction score
i checked and didnt see anythgin for 50 bucks, more liek 100 to 150

gandalf

Reaction score

I need a bit of clarification, Russ. The link leads to a fan clutch for an '89-'90 F350 diesel, for $134.79. Bill mentioned the price of $50. I guess I've got to believe the web page, but thought I'd ask anyway. Am I missing something here?

For $50 I'll replace my fan clutch right now. Mine is not as good as it should be. It's been suggested that I replace it. But for $135 I'll wait a bit longer.

As long as I'm here, will that fan clutch fit my '92 truck? I can't see why it wouldn't. U-Haul labels it as being for the '89-'90 F350, but the engines are the same as my '92, a 7.3 NA. I don't see why it wouldn't fit.

jas88

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Russ could you please elaborate on what spring modification you are referring to? I have searched and cannot find except for your occasional mentions that it needs to be done. I would like to try it on my existing fan clutch to see if it will help.

icanfixall

Official GMM hand model
Reaction score
Ken I know of no reason why this clutch wont fit any idi engine with the same water pumps we use across the idi family. Now I do know of a water pump that has the flange for the clutch attachment where we have the screw on style. The flange is for the big 1600 rigs with the huge fans and the even larger coolant system. I have always wondered why we can't run the clutch and water pump on our engines in the pickup trucks and the vans. I'm sure the flange style water pumps have a much stronger clutch and water pump bearing to handle the heavier loads. So Al.. Have I started a project you might want to try out???:angel::angel::angel:

typ4

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Call the dealer with the motorcraft part number, be in a chair. After trying a hayden, and other brands, none of which worked. I put on a near new ford one and it works good. The spring mod is a huge pain if you dont have a milling machine.

typ4

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I dont know where the 50 came from???

210.00 on amazon

Mulochico

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
If I hadn't just done the electric fans, I definitely would be all over these.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Alleycat

Members online