Dieselcrawler

Professional wrench holder
Staff member
Reaction score
you posted the link to your side of the vid. at the bottom of it will be a url that says embedded. click on that and post that.

BlueOvalBud

Full Access Member
Reaction score
If your engine is rocking, that sounds like it's missing or not firing on one or more cylinders.
Probably a loose steel injector line.
5/8" wrench, loosen and tighten all your steel injector lines...at the injector and at the injection pump.
What you describe sounds like mine when I crack an injector line loose, the engine shakes.
Nevermind when one of my steel injector lines actually broke. I had to drive to school and back for a week before the new line came in. The whole truck shook violently because that cylinder wasn't firing.
Just food for thought.
And if you've got a steel line that is cracked loose, you can expect your truck to lose prime as it sits....making for hard starts.

86ford69

86 Ford F250 6.9
Reaction score
Yeah I think i have one loose on the ip. There is some wet ness in the valley pan. Ill mess with that hear in a few.

86ford69

86 Ford F250 6.9
Reaction score
Number two injector line was loose at the ip. Also number four injector was a lil loose. Still shakes a lil bit. But sounds better at idle. Has a slight shudder at a grand and up.

BlueOvalBud

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Number two injector line was loose at the ip. Also number four injector was a lil loose. Still shakes a lil bit. But sounds better at idle. Has a slight shudder at a grand and up.

Good to hear! ;Sweet
Were you able to tighten ALL the lines? You might still have a loose line to cause that higher RPM shudder...
Pick up some of your favorite fuel additive and run a double dose and see if that helps ya out some more.
Get the engine warm, pull the fuel filter off, dump some of the diesel out and top off with your additive, install the filter, start the truck for 10-15 seconds, and then let it sit overnight. Let that cleaner do its job in your Injection pump! ;Sweet

86ford69

86 Ford F250 6.9
Reaction score
Sounds like a plan. Double dose of power service it is. I was able to get to all but one of the lines and it was a real pita. I don't have a line wrench so it was a joy. I thought my gps were go e this morning but I tested them three different ways and they are fine.

BlueOvalBud

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Sounds like a plan. Double dose of power service it is. I was able to get to all but one of the lines and it was a real pita. I don't have a line wrench so it was a joy. I thought my gps were go e this morning but I tested them three different ways and they are fine.

I keep a set of old wrenches just for situations where you need a "custom" wrench.
Use the propane torch to heat and bend it just a bit in the vise with a BFH, use the grinder to grind down some of the sides so it fits down and you can turn it just enough before it hits the intake manifold.
THEN, you have to make sure you put all your custom tools inside ziplock bags that are labeled for future reference.

86ford69

86 Ford F250 6.9
Reaction score
I use to have loads of tools. What's are friends for huh? I'm working on adding Tommy collection again. Just spending money on the old truck.

Agnem

Using the Force!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Can't afford to buy water separator right now.

I really like this quote. It's right up there with "Can't afford a ****** right now" and equally as stupid. Sorry, but you certainly can't afford an IP either, but that's what you will need to buy if you don't turn your ship around in a hurry and get it steered clear of the rocks you have laid before yourself. You can get a WIX fuel filter that does water seperation for less than $30. That's about 1/20th the cost of a new IP.

Agnem

Using the Force!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Can't afford to buy water separator right now.

I really like this quote. It's right up there with "Can't afford a ****** right now" and equally as stupid. Sorry, but you certainly can't afford an IP either, but that's what you will need to buy if you don't turn your ship around in a hurry and get it steered clear of the rocks you have laid before yourself. You can get a WIX fuel filter that does water seperation for less than $30. That's about 1/20th the cost of a new IP.

86ford69

86 Ford F250 6.9
Reaction score
Well I didn't know it was that cheap. Its been in hooked since i bought it a year and a half ago. It looks like the inlet line is missing. Did they just by pass it And run straight to the lift pump? I try to get mine hooked back up and see if it's gunna work. What is the wix filter? Does it go in place of the separator?

86ford69

86 Ford F250 6.9
Reaction score
Ok Im being dumb today. Didn't read ur post right. Will o reileys have the wix filter? I've been running the lube finer filter from a zone. It works pretty good and lasted about 6 months.

Agnem

Using the Force!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Check the Parts Bin in our tech articles. IIRC we had the 6.9 filter listed there too. While your scraping your pennies together, you might consider finding a 7.3 filter head at a yard. It's a better head than the one the 6.9's came with (more ports, better check valve and intregal heater).