New Member, Need H.E.L.P. !

DragRag

Reaction score
I have one good set of used injectors. I changed mine out in my 94' just because I'm trying to squeeze every bit of power out of it I can get. If you need a good used full set, or anyone else for that matter if he doesn't need them. $60 shipped! They are from a 94' factory turbo. Lower mileage on them.

'94IDITurbo7.3

HAMMER DOWN!
Reaction score
sounds like the mechanical lift pump on the side of the engine might have failed. when the diaphragm in that fails it will pump diesel straight into the crankcase.

Hydro-idi

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Do not change oil until you have replaced your lift pump. The same thing will happen and you will be kicking yourself for not fixing the problem to begin with. It won't fix itself and a lift pump is both cheap and easy to do when done properly. I am just trying to save you money down the road sir. Fuel in oil means something is not functioning right, and lift pump problems do happen on occasion.
Oil contaminated with diesel fuel is also extremely ******* engine bearings if problem is not fixed immedietely.

riotwarrior

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The effed lift pump is the key to diesel in oil...maybe time for an electric lift pump, contact Genlightening he has some Carrier pumps awesome units, virtually eliminates air in system.....a little more money than the stocker but never have a issue again with diesel in oil.

Fix the issue of lift pump first before getting too excited about how runs...if it's starving the IP because the lift is leaking, you may find significant changes in driveability and starting by doing lift pump and maybe return lines and o rings too...Russ Type4 here sells good quality return line kits and o rings for a good price.

Those two things will affect overall performance significantly!

Coyote_Red

Full Access Member
Reaction score
To check if your GPs are toast take a multi-meter and set it to check resistance you should show little to no resistance when you place one lead on the block and the other on the top where the wire connects. To double check if you have an injector stuck open once you replace the lift pump you can see if the feed lines are noticeably hotter than the rest (think burning skin hot).

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RangerDanger

Members online

No members online now.