New IP problem ? - No start ? Metering valve ?

rkpatt

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I recently installed a remanufactured IP from MWFI . I installed the pump and flushed the lines and installed a new filter . The system was bled , primed and it started easilt . The timing was then set with peizo timing light setup . I used the vehicle for 3 or 4 short errands over about a week without any problems. One day I had very difficult time getting it started but if ran fine after I finally got it started . I parked it again for several days and cannot get get it started . I have gone through the usual air diagnostics and bleeding . No air is bubbling through a clear line attached to the pump but no fuel coming out of the injector lines at any throttle setting . The fuel cut off is clincing and I even tried connecting it directly to the battery . I strongly suspect a clogged or stuck internal metering valve (or something inside the pump) . As removing the cover would void the pump warranty , is there anything else I can try that might free the suspected stuck or clogged metering valve ? Any recommendations are appreciated .

Last edited:

Agnem

Using the Force!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I think your best option is to call and explain the situation, and let them tell you how they will be supporting their warranty.

towcat

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I think your best option is to call and explain the situation, and let them tell you how they will be supporting their warranty.
+1. always talk to the rebuilder to find out what they are willing to tolerate on the diagnosis side.
Also, MWFI are some super people to deal with. I have a problem with some parts once and they shipped the right ones out to me ASAP and sent a call tag for the wrong ones two weeks later. imho, they are more than reasonable, they really want you to be happy and tell everyone good things about them.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lance

Members online