New guy here, just purchased a 1991 F350 w/ 7.3 IDI

Greg Pettit

Full Access Member
Reaction score
This is quite a nice site you all have here. I am glad to have been turned onto it.

We just picked up a 1991 F350 4x4 crew cab. It's a cool truck, with a 5 speed and ATS turbo add on.

I am looking forward to learning more about these IDI's (I have a 1995 Powerstroke, and am considering selling it now!).

Also I am looking to replace the missing ATS air cleaner/airbox assembly, the seller couldn't find it when we purchased the truck.

Anyway, here's a pic of the truck....

You must be registered for see images attach

Thanks again,

Greg

6 Nebraska IDIs

Reaction score
NICE TRUCK!
Dont run that turbo without and air filter or you'll ruin the turbines and the turbo, then the engine from all the dirt.

Greg Pettit

Full Access Member
Reaction score
No problem there. The engine was replaced and the guy lost the air cleaner. The engine hasn't been run (other than test runs) without an air cleaner.

Greg

Exekiel69

Reaction score
Read the tech articles on this forum if You didn't yet, that'll save You some time.

Welcome.

towcat

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Welcome to the site!
last time I passed through Denton from OKC I thought to myself that those poor souls there must get plenty of static from the RHPS reference:D
Nice truck tho. I see the bed has been replaced too.
There's been a few members here who done away with the airbox and went to the ABS sewer pipe and a cone filter. Outside of plumbing for the CDR port, it's pretty simple. I've found that the air filter that came in the ATS kit gets dirty pretty quick.

Fordsandguns

Fords Rule
Reaction score
Is that the one that was listed on the DF/W craigslist for $1200? If it is and you got it for that, you got one heck of a deal! Nice truck.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Alleycat

Members online