New grill emblem

cpdenton

Truck needs paint.
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Completed a fun little project I have been wanting to do for a while now.

My buddy had this emblem stuck on a toolbox he traded for and gave it to me.

A little double sided tape, drill a couple holes for mounting screws in the back and that's all it took.

Guess I'm not doing a 12v cummins swap any time soon.

You must be registered for see images attach

madpogue

Full Access Member
Reaction score
That emblem is on your grille. Your grill is (guessing, anyway) in your back yard..... ;Poke (An IH emblem on your grill might look cool :dunno )

snicklas

6.0 and Loving It!!
Staff member
Reaction score
Shouldnt he have Navistar?

International emblem looks good!!

UMMMMMM..... That IS the Navistar logo........ Was adopted by Navistar in I think 1987 after the selloff of the IH Ag division to J.I Case. The International Harvester name and IH "Man on a Tractor" logo were part of the sale. So the truck/bus/engine division of the original IH/Farmall from the turn of the century took the name of Navistar. In 1986 they started using the Navistar name on the trucks, and nearly went bankrupt because no one know who Navistar was. This is when the Truck and Bus division took the name of International Truck and Bus, which is a Navistar company, and they began using the International "Endless Road" Logo on the trucks, and their sales returned, because everyone know what an International truck was......

Navistar International Truck Logo:

International Harvester "Man On a Tractor" Logo: (Now owned by CHN (Case New Holland) and used on the CaseIH Ag Tractors

So his truck being a 92 the Navistar International Endless Road would be the correct emblem for the date of the engine. For the engines that were made after the IH selloff has Navistar on the valve cover. The early 6.9's including the 86's (Trav's 86) has the IH Man One a Tractor logo on the valve cover..... the logo's that are cast also changed from the IH to the Endless Road

Waystro

No Class
Reaction score
I would think, on a 6.0, you'd just want a little black cloth over the emblem.....

Man why does everyone Rag on the 6.0 ?
It's a Great Engine but everything has its breaking point
if the 6.0 is a piece of Crap(Cause it needs Studs Etc)
Then what is the 6.9-7.3 Engines? We need Studs to run a Turbo among other little more odds and ends

cpdenton

Truck needs paint.
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I think the 6.0 got a bad reputation because the problems it had developed so quickly after it went on sale back in the day.

I worked at a large ford body shop at the time. Word got around within just a few months of them hitting the showroom that you wanted to stay away from them. There was a guy we worked with who bought one new back when they first hit. He only had it in his possession about 1 month out of the first six months he owned it. Word just spread quickly about it.

Seems like they got many of those problems worked out in the years following, but the reputation damage had been done. No coming back from that.

Now, about my emblem, it does match the logo on my valve covers. It is the correct vintage for a 92 model.

BDCarrillo

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Good history snicklas!

I made some assumptions about the 6.0 since my 6.4 had a blue navistar logo. Guess that was part of rolling new emissions engines into the maxxforce line under navistar international corp. (International as multi national, not the truck branch)

Also remember seeing the endless road logo on the IDI internals now that I think about it

Last edited:

snicklas

6.0 and Loving It!!
Staff member
Reaction score
I've been a Binder nut since back in the day!!!! I grew up in Farm Country (Not on a farm, but surrounded by farms, and I worked on a farm when I was younger). I always liked the IH stuff, vs that green stuff...... I am more familiar with the little stuff, since Dad has owned an IH Cub Cadet most of my life. He still has one that he bought when I was 4, in 1978..... I remember when IH started to stumble in the very late 70's and the first thing was them killing off the LightLine Trucks (Scout, Pickups, Travelall, Travelette, etc) and them disappearing from the dealer lots. Next was the selloff of the Cub Cadet line, and name to MTD in June of 1981. This is when they changed to just Cub Cadet, and are made by CCC Cub Cadet Corporation and the IH Man on a Tractor changed to the concentric CCC in the grill and fender pan

From July of 81 through the selloff of IH Ag to J.I Case, CCC made Cub Cadets for the IH AG Dealers. If you bought a Cub Cadet from a Farm Tractor dealer, the tractor was IH Red just like the 82 series from July 80 - June 81. It even had the IH Man on a Tractor logo in the grill and on the fenders.

If it was bought at a Cub Cadet Lawn and Garden Dealer, the tractor was Yellow and White with the CCC logos..

The final "end" in the original McCormick-Deering/Farmall/International Harvester Corporation was the sale of the IH Agricultural Tractor Division to J.I Case. This included the International Harvester Name, The IH Man on a Tractor Logo, the Marketing Rights, Paint Colors, Including IH 2150 Red, the Various IH Whites over the years (901, 902, 935), all things that identify International Harvester. This sale is what created the CaseIH tractors that are still on the market today, but one change is they have italicized the IH in the logo

The IH Construction name (The Yellow and White Equipment) went away. I believe the construction "stuff" was bought by Dresser

The IH Trucks and Buses (the only part of the original McCormick-Deering/Farmall/International Harvester that still exists today) Became Navistar, producing medium and heavy duty trucks, school busses and engines, for use in-house, and as a vendor to other companies, such as Ford. Then used the Navistar name for just a short time due to lack or recognition. (I remember Navistar on the grill of a few trucks in the mid 80's). They then adopted Navistar International to be able to use the International name once again.....

freebird01

Post Turtle!
Reaction score
I have a logo on my grill...

snicklas

6.0 and Loving It!!
Staff member
Reaction score
There are 2 of those,

And they are both grills........

Jason's BBQ and on the front of Corey's Crawler..........