new gauges installed, here's what I found!

coletrain777

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hey guys,

So, I finally got my pyro, boost, and oil pressure gauges installed. I not only feel much better, but I also finally know what is going on with my engine. When I am running empty down the highway on fairly level ground (65 mph) I run about 500 degrees on the egt, and around 1.5 psi of boost. When I tow a 5500lb dump trailer at 65 mph my boost is about 3.5 psi and egt is around 700 (same flat ground). At 70 mph the egt's are around 800 pulling the same weight and 5 psi of boost.

We really don't have any "real" hills in my area, but if I put the pedal to the floor in 4th or 5th pullin a havy load up a steep hill the egt's will get to 1150 or 1200 and stop (which is good). This makes me think that my fuel is just about right, although I am sure I could turn it up another flat (only about 1.5 now). Do you think turning it up would help with power much???

Also, I have a stock turbo setup with a 3" downpipe and striaght through exhaust. When the wastedgate was hooked up I could only make 6psi of boost, but with it unhooked I can make 11 on a really hard steep pull. That seems to make alot of difference in pulling.

Not really many questions to answer, just wanted to share what I found.

Also, yesterday I used my truck to move a 8x12x9 shed (electric winch onto the trailer and then towed it home 30 miles). Will share pics I took of it on the trailer this morning if anyone is interested.

dakotajeep

Patrolling
Reaction score
Sounds close to mine except my EGT are a little higher on flat ground.....

Thad

Show the pics!!!