new fuel pump looks different

hesutton

The Anti-Anderson
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I don't think any electrical pump will do well on waste oil. Or at least so I've heard.

I've heard all that as well........but why? The chemistry doesn't make sence to me. If the waste oil is acidic, caustic, alkaline or whatever: it will affect aluminum, steal, rubber, and so on the same reguardless if that material is found in your tank, your IP, injectors, Holley Red/Blue, Duralift or whatever.:dunno There is nothing special about the material found in an electric pump that isn't found in other areas of the IDI's fuel system......so if it's OK everywhere else..........why is it not OK in you fuel pump?

Without a better explaination, I'm not sold on the validity of that arguement.:sorry:

Heath

Agnem

Using the Force!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
My Holley red has been sucking down high WMO concentrations for 2 years. :dunno Never given me any problems.

mankypro

Learning Slowly...
Reaction score
Mostly having heard it elsewhere and from folks in the WVO community around here. However, I would think the electric motor in a comparatively small pump - as compared to a mechanical pump driven by a 8 cyl diesel - would not move heavier fuel as well.

Just me and my musings. It gets mighty cold up here in the winter and so far I can switch over to 100% wmo when coolant is 160 degrees. Maybe if we had more folks doing 100% wmo with electric pumps we'd have a good sample.

Not many folks running 100% wmo :)

Whats your % mix Mel?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
720Diesel

Members online