new dodge,what to do?

imfixinmopars

Full Access Member
Reaction score
my friend just bought a new 06 dodge diesel,a/t.he was impressed w/ the edge i have on my dmax,power,gauges,selection,ect.what would you guys suggest for him to do?what programmer,exh,int,,,wait till miles rack up?it has 400 miles on it now,and i thought the power was low,but its new.what do you dodge guys like best for general towing under 10k and driving empty usage?thanks,mike...........oh and it has the really stupid horn honking :rotflmao when backing up option also,as boat-guy stated too.some times i miss my 84 idi ford. ;Sweet

argve

Resident Fruitcake
Reaction score
I would tell him to hold off on the power mods for a little while... Man get at least 10-15k under it's belt first... I mean if he doesn't he won't appreciate the added power. Plus I'm sure the engine would love to at least get some break in before all heck breaks loose...

Mark Craig

Advertising Sponsor
Reaction score
imfixinmopars,

One of the best products for the Dodge is the Edge Juice/Attitude like you have on your GM. That gets him gauges and HP, then add an AFE Stage II intake with Pro Guard 7 and a exhaust and he's pretty much set for anything ! If he has any questions have him or you call us and we'll be glad to help.

As far as waiting for miles to rack up or not it really just depends on the individual. All my trucks get modded as fast as I can get them home to do the installs!!!

Mark @ DPPI

holtzer1

Full Access Member
Reaction score
boatelectronicguy said:
I just fixed the reverse/horn problem by shorting the driver's seatbelt indicator wires together.
who woulda thought that would work ;Really

Greenhornet1986

Reaction score
If he just wants some simple towing power, tell him to get a good high flowing intake and exhaust, then add a Quadzilla ZXT towing box. They're supposed to be good, and add 65hp, and cost below $300. Go ahead and put it on, it wont hurt anything.

Mikes91

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I've never noticed low power in my truck. It feels infinitely more powerful with a load on it than when empty.

For example, the truck would push me back in the seat when floored it in the mountains on the way home from the dealer. Stronger push than I was getting on the flats. Also, the truck would spin the tires when throttled in 2nd gear with my 5700 pound (empty) gooseneck horse trailer. Doesn't do that when unloaded.

I don't know why it seems to pull harder under load than when empty... torque management? Turbo boost higher? I dunno. Seems the more the truck has trying to slow it down, the harder it pulls.

IN contrast to some opinions here, I'd advise your friend to NOT mod his truck. Dodge would LOVE to void his warranty. They are voiding warranties on engines that have ANY proof of tampering, and AFAIK all computers will leave an imprint of some sort on the stock ECM.

Mike

holtzer1

Full Access Member
Reaction score
exactly...power adders on the new cummins is basically..a "look at me", get exhaust and a k&n, there isnt a damn thing you cant pull with that truck in stock form without overloading the chassis/suspension.