New Convert

deesenuts

Reaction score
I am new to this site but figured I would fit in here. I have a few diesels in the garage but two of them are about to be powered by 1st gen 12v cummins motors. One is my trusty 1992 F350 Crew cab 4x4 with 257,000 miles on the stock 7.3 idi. The other is my 1988 HMMWV about to be powered by another 1st gen 12v cummins. Both of these trucks have seen better days out of their engines. The Hummer was an army hummer and the ford I've owed for a few years.
My other trucks are two 1986 CUCV military blazers with 6.2 diesels. A 1988 AMG M35A2 Duece and a half with a White 465 I6 Diesel. And a 1995 F250 power stroke.
The Cummins motors are coming out of a couple of aircraft tow tractors that I bought from the government. They each are 1990's with less than 100,000 miles. They both run great and pull like a good diesel should.
Any tips for these other than intercooling them, turning up the injection pump, and an egt guage. Thanks

Shannon Deese
SSgt USMC

deesenuts

Reaction score
I rebuilt it and dropped in an F250. Unfortunatly it was one that I sold a while back. It's been awhile since I was on here. I could'nt remember my old password and I don't have that email anymore so I had to make a new one. The fleet of new trucks is mostly a fluke but he atleast I have some toys to work on.

Darrin Tosh

IDI Hound
Reaction score
Welcome Back, Yea Lots of toys to play with!

I assume the 12V have the VE Pumps on them. There are a few tricks you can do with the adjustments on the pumps. AN Intercooler off a 99 and up PSD works well on those body styles. I did a Cummins Conversion last year. There are some pics in my sig.

deesenuts

Reaction score
I assume that they have the VE pumps I haven't picked them up yet. I was supposed to be able to pick them up today but it didn't work out. I ended up working on the Blazers. One of them has a bad injection pump. I like the look of the eng in your trtuck. I'll post a few pics of mine once I get a few taken.

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
placidoert

Members online