NEW Clutch And DMF Problems, NEED INPUT

6 Nebraska IDIs

Reaction score
Its a brand new clutch and DMF kit from Valeo. It just pushes too easily. Its like there is no force there at all. Is there any adjustment that needs to be made after installing a new clutch? It almost feels like it engages right at the top of the throw.
Plus, when you just barely start to push on the clutch pedal I can feel a vibration at high RPM's, but its not there down low.

Also, had the thing timed today, in hopes the flywheel would quiet up, but it just made it louder. It would only make a single chatter here and there before it was properly timed, now it chatters ALLOT. Not like bad DMF allot, but just more than what it was before it was timed.
All the injectors were pop tested, minus the one brand new one.
Give me your input guys.
THANKS!

6 Nebraska IDIs

Reaction score
I know you guys dont like the DMF, but my mom hates the noise of a solid flywheel in that ZF5 so we really dont have a choice in the matter, and you all know what I mean.

Any thoughts on the vibrating clutch pedal? Or anything?

6 Nebraska IDIs

Reaction score
Haha, what were your questions?
Let me see if I can help.
I dont remember your thread about your questions.

BigRigTech

Diesel junky
Reaction score
Try moving the arm on the end of the clutch pedal cross-shaft. I had the same issue with mine when I installed it. I moved it towards the firewall one spline and it made the pedal force a lot harder. I would also make sure there isn't any air in the clutch slave piston line. Did you grease the pivot on the fork? As for the rattle, I have a SMF so I can't help you there.

typ4

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The valeo is a lighter pedal than stock ford, they use different fulcrum action to do the same clamping work.
The new pressure plate and disc set could raise the pedal to have top engagement because the slave is working at the end of stroke instead of deep in the cylinder as with a worn disc.
This info is from my buddy who runs a clutch doctors as well as my personal experience.
I have a Valeo single set and it has light pressure and says LUK on the pp btw.

6 Nebraska IDIs

Reaction score
Hey guys, thanks for the responses. I personally did not grease the pivot ball, but I did the throwout and input shafts on the trans. But my dad may have greased the pivot, I dont know. Why? I've never heard of greasing the pivot ball before.

Well I think we're probably going to adjust that arm on the clutch pedal in hopes that it moves the engagement a little farther down in the throw, and hopefully will make it a bit harder (never thought I'd say that).

typ4

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Wont change the stiffness of the pedal. That is a direct function of the spring and pplate. You would be amazed how much greasing a tob slide will soften up a clutch pedal.

BigRigTech

Diesel junky
Reaction score
I always grease it to make the pedal move easier and to stop the dreaded "snapping" sound they can make when they are worn and dry.