New Banks turbo kit

Status
Not open for further replies.

AZBLACKSMOKE

no truck payment
Reaction score
Part #21060 IIRC. BRAND NEW. Never Installed, most the boxes havent even been opened. The turbo was only taken out of box for pictures only.

This kit was originally bought for a International Medium duty truck but never installed. And because it was ordered for a IH med. duty, it DOES NOT come with the exhaust. It DOES have the down pipe. It also has the C6 dipstick.

I debated seriously for quite some time to install it on my 86 F250, but it does everything I want it to do without a turbo, so therefore, it makes more sense to me to drive it and just buy fuel.

It has the gauges, hardware, etc. Ill even throw in a few gauge pillar bezels I was playing around with to mount the gauges. They are for a Powerstroke truck IIRC.

I have alot of money tied up in this kit, and I really dont need to sell it. i know Im going to regret it, but I also just dont have time for projects anymore.

$2000.

Please let me know if you have any questions. Thanks.

Attachments

• IMAG0170.jpg
    IMAG0170.jpg
    114.7 KB · Views: 16
  • IMAG0168.jpg
    IMAG0168.jpg
    115.9 KB · Views: 7
  • IMAG0169.jpg
    IMAG0169.jpg
    131.9 KB · Views: 14
  • IMAG0172.jpg
    IMAG0172.jpg
    69.9 KB · Views: 17
  • IMAG0167.jpg
    IMAG0167.jpg
    110 KB · Views: 3

FORDF250HDXLT

The life of an Indian is like the wings of the air
Supporting Member
Reaction score
is that price set in stone AZBLACKSMOKE?
can someone tell me please if all i needed for this, would be the E40D's trans dipstick tube to make it work for my truck?
thanks.

AZBLACKSMOKE

no truck payment
Reaction score
is that price set in stone AZBLACKSMOKE?
can someone tell me please if all i needed for this, would be the E40D's trans dipstick tube to make it work for my truck?
thanks.

No. It's not in stone, but I'm definatly not desperate to sell it. Make me an offer. The worst is I'd say no.

As far as the dipstick goes, I'm not sure. Hopefully someone will chime in that knows for sure.

FORDF250HDXLT

Supporting Member
Reaction score
ok.im very interested.
please hold this for me until i gather the required info?
i have the funds readily available.

looking up your part # it appears to be the same banks wastegated sidewinder for my truck but that's 21062.
so i think......well hopefully,that just means a difference between a C6 and E40D dipstick.
your certain on the part #?
besides the down pipe (which you say you have) is there any other exhaust components id need?
i have a new exhaust from the Y pipe back.but what about turbo related exhaust? everything as far as that goes,is all there?
any other missing part(s) that you could think of,that id need to buy separately?
im pretty much an idiot when it comes to turbos.

AZBLACKSMOKE

no truck payment
Reaction score
N
ok.im very interested.
please hold this for me until i gather the required info?
i have the funds readily available.

looking up your part # it appears to be the same banks wastegated sidewinder for my truck but that's 21062.
so i think......well hopefully,that just means a difference between a C6 and E40D dipstick.
your certain on the part #?
besides the down pipe (which you say you have) is there any other exhaust components id need?
i have a new exhaust from the Y pipe back.but what about turbo related exhaust? everything as far as that goes,is all there?
any other missing part(s) that you could think of,that id need to buy separately?
im pretty much an idiot when it comes to turbos.

Let me double check the part #, but I think that's right.

Down pipe is there. Manifolds are there. Everything you need. Nuts, bolts, wires, pyro, boost gauges, etc. All you need it exhaust from the down pipe back.

FORDF250HDXLT

Supporting Member
Reaction score
just to confirm,by gauges you mean boost & pryo including the sending units/probes whatever ya call 'em correct?
hopefully we'll be doing business here real soon.
you are serious about selling it right? iv not had very good luck buying a turbo here lately lol.kinda glad now though.ya just can't beat new,and i won't have to worry about trying to find an upgraded down pipe etc.
hopefully the more experienced members have good news for us over the next few hours.
i'll check back in sometime tomorrow to see if there are any updates.
i sent a couple *** to more advanced members,so hopefully they chime in when they have the time.

FORDF250HDXLT

Supporting Member
Reaction score
is the cross over pipe included?
i know you stated everything for exhaust was there,but it was suggested i asked specifically for this.thanks for understanding.

ok,so im told this turbo is much different than the turbos for the pickups and that there would be a lot of fabrication required to make it work.darn.if this is the case,then it wouldn't be for me im afriad.being so new to turbo's,id probably have my inexperienced hands full just bolting in a direct turbo as is lol.
whats throwing me off with that info iv been given though,is the part # you listed.
you say you ordered it for a medium duty rig,but that part # says its for a C6 equipped pickup truck.
so perhaps you did buy the kit for a pickup w/C6 and were going to fab it for the medium duty IH truck then or?
i'll await your response.thanks.

also,if we do find this is a direct fitment for the pickups,if it wouldn't be too much trouble,id like to request you remove all the items from their boxes and post of pic of all the stuff.this would really help me too,if its not too much trouble.
a lot of $ according to my wallet, and the sale im sure would be final w/ no returns etc,so i just have to double and triple check everything.i hope you understand im not trying to be a nag.:D

Last edited:

AZBLACKSMOKE

no truck payment
Reaction score
just to confirm,by gauges you mean boost & pryo including the sending units/probes whatever ya call 'em correct?
hopefully we'll be doing business here real soon.
you are serious about selling it right? iv not had very good luck buying a turbo here lately lol.kinda glad now though.ya just can't beat new,and i won't have to worry about trying to find an upgraded down pipe etc.
hopefully the more experienced members have good news for us over the next few hours.
i'll check back in sometime tomorrow to see if there are any updates.
i sent a couple *** to more advanced members,so hopefully they chime in when they have the time.

Yes. Pryo gauge, senders, boost gauge, fittings etc. Everythings brand new. And nothing is missing. I even have instructions. I even confirmed the part #...it is the 21060.

is the cross over pipe included?
i know you stated everything for exhaust was there,but it was suggested i asked specifically for this.thanks for understanding.

ok,so im told this turbo is much different than the turbos for the pickups and that there would be a lot of fabrication required to make it work.darn.if this is the case,then it wouldn't be for me im afriad.being so new to turbo's,id probably have my inexperienced hands full just bolting in a direct turbo as is lol.
whats throwing me off with that info iv been given though,is the part # you listed.
you say you ordered it for a medium duty rig,but that part # says its for a C6 equipped pickup truck.
so perhaps you did buy the kit for a pickup w/C6 and were going to fab it for the medium duty IH truck then or?
i'll await your response.thanks.

also,if we do find this is a direct fitment for the pickups,if it wouldn't be too much trouble,id like to request you remove all the items from their boxes and post of pic of all the stuff.this would really help me too,if its not too much trouble.
a lot of $ according to my wallet, and the sale im sure would be final w/ no returns etc,so i just have to double and triple check everything.i hope you understand im not trying to be a nag.:D

When I ordered it, I told the guy it was for a medium duty truck and the tech guy recomended the C6 kit because its more universal IIRC. There is no Medium turbo kit. This kit is designed for F250 and F350 Trucks. Not sure why he recommended the C6 kit...i dont remember.

I did open the other boxes I had and took pictures...no problem. I didnt get a good picture of the gauges and the pod I have because I forgot and was in a hurry. I got called out at 4am this morn, so I didnt have much time. I can get more pictures tonight if you want.

I garentee everything (except previously discussed exhaust from DP back) to be there and in new, unused, uninstalled condition. In fact, Ive been struggling selling it, but I never pull heavy or uphills, so Naturally Asperated is good enough for me. I also have a ZF 5 speed and Single Mass clutch im thinking about selling because the 4 speed isnt too bad for my application. Anyway. let me know if theres any other questions or pictures you need. Thanks.

Attachments

• IMAG1407.jpg
    IMAG1407.jpg
    462.8 KB · Views: 6
  • IMAG1409.jpg
    IMAG1409.jpg
    436.5 KB · Views: 12
  • IMAG1410.jpg
    IMAG1410.jpg
    551.1 KB · Views: 13
Last edited:

AZBLACKSMOKE

no truck payment
Reaction score
The medium duty I ordered it for was a 1986 International 1600 Cargo Star with a 6.9 diesel and a 4 speed trans. The Banks guy deleted the exhaust pieces from the DP back because obviously it would be different than the pickups. My intentions were to drive it to the exhaust shop and do custom straight pipe after the install. So this kit is for a pickup...just without the muffler and a few pieces of exhaust pipe. The kit does have the exhaust hangers though. :D

FORDF250HDXLT

Supporting Member
Reaction score
thank you so much for the detailed response.i greatly appreciate this.
you are just the type of guy iv been waiting for to buy my turbo from.
everything is sounding very good to me here.im just going to wait to get a few more confirmations from the more experienced members in light of the new info given,i think this is going to help greatly.

here is my understanding thus far;
you have a 100% brand new complete kit, boost and EGT gauges w/ turbo install instructions, minus the exhaust for the truck (but everything turbo related will be included) part # 21060
which is for pickups w/ C6 transmission.
this is the same turbo kit (where it counts) as the # 21062 MINUS;
the E40D dipstick tube (which i'll need to buy separately)
the banks trans command for the E40D (which i don't want anyway)
exhaust for turbo back (which i don't need either.)
i'll then need to remove my custom Y pipe i had built for the NA system,and have the shop plumb my exhaust from the turbo into my (still newish) 3.5" system.

if my understanding of all this is correct,
let me go ahead and ask you this now,while i wait for confirmation of my understanding;
would you be willing to provide a 7 day return policy (counting for when i sign for the package) to be able to check things over,or will this deal be final as is where is,no returns nor $ back policy?

AZBLACKSMOKE

no truck payment
Reaction score
FORDF250HDXLT thank you so much for the detailed response.i greatly appreciate this.
you are just the type of guy iv been waiting for to buy my turbo from.
everything is sounding very good to me here.im just going to wait to get a few more confirmations from the more experienced members in light of the new info given,i think this is going to help greatly.

Thank you. I always strive to be honest and accurate in my descriptions. In this case, it is very easy because everything is new.

here is my understanding thus far;
you have a 100% brand new complete kit, boost and EGT gauges w/ turbo install instructions, minus the exhaust for the truck (but everything turbo related will be included) part # 21060
which is for pickups w/ C6 transmission.
this is the same turbo kit (where it counts) as the # 21062 MINUS;
the E40D dipstick tube (which i'll need to buy separately)
the banks trans command for the E40D (which i don't want anyway)
exhaust for turbo back (which i don't need either.)
i'll then need to remove my custom Y pipe i had built for the NA system,and have the shop plumb my exhaust from the turbo into my (still newish) 3.5" system.

Yes. Your correct. All you'll need is to remove your Y and plumb a single pipe into the supplied DP from the kit.

if my understanding of all this is correct,
let me go ahead and ask you this now,while i wait for confirmation of my understanding;
would you be willing to provide a 7 day return policy (counting for when i sign for the package) to be able to check things over,or will this deal be final as is where is,no returns nor $ back policy?

If I misrepresent anything or parts are missing that I said are there, then Yes. Ill give you your money back. If you have buyers remorse, change your mind, or find a better deal, then No. I wont give you your money back. Is that fair?

Where do you live?

FORDF250HDXLT

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Thank you. I always strive to be honest and accurate in my descriptions. In this case, it is very easy because everything is new.

Yes. Your correct. All you'll need is to remove your Y and plumb a single pipe into the supplied DP from the kit.

If I misrepresent anything or parts are missing that I said are there, then Yes. Ill give you your money back. If you have buyers remorse, change your mind, or find a better deal, then No. I wont give you your money back. Is that fair?

Where do you live?

yes sounds very fair.
i just need to be be 100% certain that its the same exact kit id buy for my truck,minus the turbo back exhaust and the E40D specific trans dipstick tube directly from banks/a bolt on application with no fabrication required,other than of course the normal basic install such as GP and CDR relocation's (which are both included from you?) of course.you know what i mean.

i guess im a little concerned that the Banks rep sent you something different/altered for the IH medium duty truck ya know?
in which case id need to be promised a full refund including shipping charges from/to,along with a promised time frame to discover any problems,should they arise.by agreeing with these terms,this would show me,that your confident the turbo would be 100% compatible with my truck and that the turbo hasn't been altered in any way from a typical pickup truck turbo system.

you don't recall the banks rep saying the turbo would be altered somehow to boost/mount,or in any other way alter its performance or work in such a way that would differ from a typical pickup truck application?
to the best of your knowledge,it's the same exact kit (minus the exhaust from the DP,which is not included) as the banks part #21060 correct?
for example,the turbo and related parts haven't been altered for fitment or workmanship in any other way that would make mounting or use differ from a normal pickup w/ C6 kit?
the cross over exhaust pipe that is included,hasn't been altered that you know of to better fit an IH truck?
if so,or if any other parts have been altered/more designed to fit a IH truck,would you:
a) provide a full refund.including all shipping charges,OR
b) provide me with the correct pickup part within 30 days.
either one is fine by me,and would show you have nothing to hide,and are only trying to sell your kit legitimately.

we both want the same thing im feeling.
all cards on the table,with a smooth descriptive deal,so neither of us gets burnt.

if i wasn't such a turbo noob,perhaps id know better what i was buying and wouldn't need to be so descriptive.but then again,with this kind of coin on the line,nothings wrong with good clear details for everyone here to see.:)

i have an experienced member helping me via pm (well a few)
but one in particular is warning me heavily about the kit being sold for the IH medium duty truck application.
so i somehow need to be shown that the turbo kit hasn't somehow been altered in anyway whatsoever compared to the pickup application.
how can you assure me of this?

i just need to cover myself and make sure everything is obviously stated in what im trying to do,with what your selling.this way there can't be any missed details with our transaction.
what i need to avoid is getting a turbo that wont work/has been altered etc.and you just need the $ in full from by someone who clearly wants the turbo and doesn't want to try backing out latter just because he found something different etc.which i clearly have no intentions of doing to you.
i just want a fully compatible,non altered pickup truck application, working new turbo w/ all the required parts.:)
edit; but i again,i understand i will be shipped a C6 trans dipstick tube,and will i will be responsible for buying the E40D tube to work for my application.
least i'll have the C6 tube to sell to help cover the cost of that too which is good.

im located in Maine (ME.)

Last edited:

AZBLACKSMOKE

no truck payment
Reaction score
yes sounds very fair.
i just need to be be 100% certain that its the same exact kit id buy for my truck,minus the turbo back exhaust and the E40D specific trans dipstick tube directly from banks/a bolt on application with no fabrication required,other than of course the normal basic install such as GP and CDR relocation's (which are both included from you?) of course.you know what i mean.

i guess im a little concerned that the Banks rep sent you something different/altered for the IH medium duty truck ya know?
in which case id need to be promised a full refund including shipping charges from/to,along with a promised time frame to discover any problems,should they arise.by agreeing with these terms,this would show me,that your confident the turbo would be 100% compatible with my truck and that the turbo hasn't been altered in any way from a typical pickup truck turbo system.

you don't recall the banks rep saying the turbo would be altered somehow to boost/mount,or in any other way alter its performance or work in such a way that would differ from a typical pickup truck application?
to the best of your knowledge,it's the same exact kit (minus the exhaust from the DP,which is not included) as the banks part #21060 correct?
for example,the turbo and related parts haven't been altered for fitment or workmanship in any other way that would make mounting or use differ from a normal pickup w/ C6 kit?
the cross over exhaust pipe that is included,hasn't been altered that you know of to better fit an IH truck?
if so,or if any other parts have been altered/more designed to fit a IH truck,would you:
a) provide a full refund.including all shipping charges,OR
b) provide me with the correct pickup part within 30 days.
either one is fine by me,and would show you have nothing to hide,and are only trying to sell your kit legitimately.

we both want the same thing im feeling.
all cards on the table,with a smooth descriptive deal,so neither of us gets burnt.

if i wasn't such a turbo noob,perhaps id know better what i was buying and wouldn't need to be so descriptive.but then again,with this kind of coin on the line,nothings wrong with good clear details for everyone here to see.:)

i have an experienced member helping me via pm (well a few)
but one in particular is warning me heavily about the kit being sold for the IH medium duty truck application.
so i somehow need to be shown that the turbo kit hasn't somehow been altered in anyway whatsoever compared to the pickup application.
how can you assure me of this?

i just need to cover myself and make sure everything is obviously stated in what im trying to do,with what your selling.this way there can't be any missed details with our transaction.
what i need to avoid is getting a turbo that wont work/has been altered etc.and you just need the $ in full from by someone who clearly wants the turbo and doesn't want to try backing out latter just because he found something different etc.which i clearly have no intentions of doing to you.
i just want a fully compatible,non altered pickup truck application, working new turbo w/ all the required parts.:)
edit; but i again,i understand i will be shipped a C6 trans dipstick tube,and will i will be responsible for buying the E40D tube to work for my application.
least i'll have the C6 tube to sell to help cover the cost of that too which is good.

im located in Maine (ME.)

Ya sounds good. No pressure. I cant tell you if it will fit your truck or not, but I can tell you this is without a doubt a kit for a pickup, and not a med. duty. Scroll up to the picture I posted of the instructions and and you can read it says "Ford pickup 6.9/7.3 diesel old body style".

Each box is package and has part#'s. if you think it will reassure you, I would be happy to get the individual #'s for you so you can be sure your getting a turbo for a 6.9in a F250 and not a DT466 in a IH S1900.

Im easy. Hopefully you can figure out if it fits your truck or not. I am confident you will be satisfied with the kit when you get it. Let me know. I appreciate your interest. Thanks man.

towcat

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
here's my concern.....
those of you who have worked/owned a IH "S" series or 4700 series truck will know the exhaust layout and trans bellhousing shape is a completely different animal compared to the ford pickup. why Banks would knowingly sell a turbo kit that won't bolt up without major fab work is completely beyond me. At least the seller is upfront in disclosing the intended install vehicle. hypermax otoh will sell a kit that will bolt onto a med duty truck and they have priced it accordingly too.:eek:

Status
Not open for further replies.